Flashlight servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxa beam

Banned
How much do you guys lube your EDC's threads? I usually go about two months, but I've heard of people doing it much more frequently. How often should I be lubing them, and with proper lubrication how long should it take to notice significant wear?

Zenster

Enlightened
You don't have to over think this.

I clean all the threads of my flashlights when I get them brand new and then lube them well (Nyogel).
After that, I only lube them again when they start to feel less than "silky" because even a little lube will make a light feel like that. Once I start getting a sort of metal on metal feel, I lube them again.

However, I've had lights I've used often that still dont need any more lube even after months and months of use.

The short answer; I only lube when they need it. ;)

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might make me lose my CPF membership .. but I lubricate when I hear screechy sound or feel rough when I change the batteries. :aaa:

Zenster

Enlightened
How much are you applying?

When I'm done, you can't actually see any globs of lube around the threads at all. I just make the threads look sort of slimy.

The tube of Nyogel I bought about eight months ago has been used to do all my lights for their "virgin" lubrication (and that might cost me MY CPF membership :devil: ), and I swear it appears to have not been used at all.

It goes such a long way that I can't imagine how long it will be before I'll need another tube... at least several years.

DM51

Flashaholic
We don't need 2 lube threads going at once. One is more than enough.

Please continue in this thread, which is already running. You could save yourself a lot of trouble by just reading post #61 by chmsam, which says practically everything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.