"Prince Caspian" and flashlight!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I searched the forum and didn't see anything about this. So please forgive if I'm repeating.
Went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, the other day. A flashlight plays a big part in the movie. Not LED of course :( it looks like a circa 1940's light, no surprise there :).
A couple not too spoiling scenes:
After making a torch Peter asks Edmund for a match, Edmund offers him the flashlight instead.
Using the light, blinking to signal Narnians to attack.
A guard, finding the flashlight, does a classic. Look into the lens end and turn it on.
Using the heavy, 3 or 4 D to bar a door.
Using the light in a sword fight, more as a shield.
Near the end of the movie, back in England, Edmund laments---"I left my flashlight in Narnia".--I told my wife "how traumatic" she rolled her eyes at me.

Overall the movie was pretty good, having a flashlight play a major roll was a nice extra.

Even a quote on the flashlight.
WikiQuote
Trumpkin: (Edmund dropped the flashlight, and a Telmarine guard finds it, waving the light around.) What's that supposed to mean?
instead of a blink the light beam is seen waving around.
As long as I'm on Wiki Quote, I'll throw in a couple quotes with Reepicheep, a pretty good character :)
Reepicheep: Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine.
Prince Caspian: ...You are a mouse. [an ongoing joke--Wits' End]
Reepicheep: (sighs) I was hoping for something a little more original.

Lucy Pevensie: Oh my gosh, he's so cute!
Reepicheep: WHO SAID THAT??
Lucy Pevensie: Sorry.

Reepicheep: We were expectin someone a little bit taller.
Trumpkin: You're one to talk.
Reepicheep: Is that supposed to be irony?

So if for no other reason than to see the flashlight in more than a side note go see this movie! FLASHLIGHTS EMERGE FROM THE DARK!

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if for no other reason than to see the flashlight in more than a side note go see this movie! FLASHLIGHTS EMERGE FROM THE DARK!
Or read the book! :nana:
Seriously, you can read the whole Narnia series in about a month, they fly by.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reading the series to my daughter when she was little is one of my more cherished memories.

Now I'd like to do the same for my grand daughter.

It's like brain candy - the books paint even more vivid pictures in your mind than the movies.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wasn't that whole "let's attack the main castle" scene not in the book? That's where the flashlight played a big role with signalling for the attack.