LED drop in for E2e?

Daravon

Newly Enlightened
I have an E2e and I came across this link on a firearm forum

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=193992

this is a monster list of cheap drop-in LED lamp/lens assembly for the P6 series lights. After modding my Fenix L1D, my E2e is rather unbright in comparison, and I was wondering if there were similar, cheap, LED dropins for executive series lights. Thanks.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technically not a drop-in, but there is the OpticsHQ E2 Conversion Head.

See my initial impressions here.

Note that for some unknown reason, I could not get the conversion head to work with my E2. The head works fine with my L4 and some E1L bodies I recently bought.

If you are willing to stick with an incandescent, you could also get a Lumens Factory EO-E2R lamp. The trick is that you have to drive the new lamp with Li-ion rechargeables.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED is probably more rugged than incandescent. Advertised run time for the OpticsHQ E2 head is 2+ hrs at 220 lumens (emitter). Lumens Factory EO-E2R lamp is 150 lumens (bulb) for 45 min.

The Strion/TL-3 mod appears to offer about the same output as the LF EO-E2R, so the OpticsHQ LED upgrade is going to be brighter that either of the incandescent options.

You can also run the OpticsHQ head with one RCR123A cell in the so-called TW4 configuration.

You can get a McE2S 2-stage switch and get a low and high mode with an LED head. Incandescents don't like to be underdriven.

The main downside is cost. The OpticsHQ head is $80. An LF EO-E2R is $15. The Strion/TL-3 mod is $27-$37.