TK10 - advice on bezel twist

Niconical

Enlightened
I recently got a TK10, and I have a question for any other owners.

As you of course know, the bezel fully tight is turbo, loosened is regular.
On mine when it is fully tight/on turbo, it only takes a slight turn to move it to regular. The same the other way as well of course, it's on regular, I gradually tighten the bezel and only just before it is fully tightened does the turbo kick in.

It's not a problem, but as it is my first TK10 (or any Fenix actually), I just wanted to check that is how it should be.

Thank you. :)

BTW, just for the record - TK10 - love it! :twothumbs

HKJ

Flashaholic
This is how it works. When the tube makes contact with the copper ring, it goes into high. Many other lights works the same way.

Here is a picture from another light, where your can see the copper ring:
DSC_5356A.jpg

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same behavior on my TK10. Having seen how it works you can well understand that it is important to keep the edge of the body tube and the copper ring inside the head well clean and free of silicone grease.

Niconical

Enlightened
Thanks for that :thanks:

I have also just discovered that untwisting the tailcap a little stops it turning on. A CPF search seems to show that this is intended, so although the TK10 isn't specifically mentioned, I'm sure (erm, actually, I think) it will be fine to use it as a safety measure for accidental turn-on.

It's still all very new to me, but I'm learning, spent most of Saturday trawling through CPF old threads!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also just discovered that untwisting the tailcap a little stops it turning on. A CPF search seems to show that this is intended, so although the TK10 isn't specifically mentioned, I'm sure (erm, actually, I think) it will be fine to use it as a safety measure for accidental turn-on.

Very many if not most flashlights have this lock-out feature. When the electric circuit is closed through the edge of the body tube contacting the inside of the tailcap it is enough to separate them to prevent the flashlight from turning on. :cool:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
for me, i think of it like this:

if im in the dark, and want it to be turned on to a specific setting right off the bat, i know that tightened is high, and anything else will be low. i dont need to guess or hunt for the spot where itd be high - its just a fraction off of totally tight. :shrug: