How much will I need to spend on a quality rechargeable LCD?

DaveN

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to find a nice light that is rechargeable. I recently bought a Lowes light based on reviews here but I would really like a rechargeable unit.

What do you recommend and what will it cost?

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
From what I've seen you're way better off getting a light you like and then getting good rechargeable batteries and a good charger.
Also, I assume you mean LED not LCD?
:twothumbs

Patriot

Flashaholic
It all depends on the size of light you're looking for but as the previous poster stated the options and quality will usually be better if you get the light of your choice and then purchase quality rechargables for it.

As for as a rechargeable battery format goes, it's pretty hard to beat the single 18650 with regards to its reasonable size, great capacity, and easy of recharging vs. lights using multiple batteries. I think lights that allow the use of the 18650 is a great place to start.

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Big,small,bright,really bright,holy cow bright,floody,spotty...these are some vague clues but what are you looking to do with this light?And mostly I sum it up like this,you get what you pay for(most often than not)...that said,whats your ceiling limit(narrow it down ) and let the dogs go.:grin2:We'll hunt you up some choices.

DaveN

Newly Enlightened
I like the Task Force Light but I would like a brighter light with the same or larger spot size. I can handle a larger light than the 2 C cell Lowes light.

Is there a model that does not require you to remove the batteries to charge?

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Like to see you get a decent 1 that would last you awhile,the 18650's are a great route.Their are several reputable companys that make self contained models,but in my opinion are expensive(streamlight stinger for about 100 semoliones or so for one)...but several much cheaper(careful)that will take the 18650 that would make a good light...check out lighthound or the battery junction would give you some good ideas(they carry pretty good stuff) ...report back with things you like and I'm sure everybody would tell you their thoughts on them:popcorn:.

DaveN

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading posts over the weekend and the following lights are at the top of my list: Tiablo MA6, Fenix TK10 Q5, and an extremely remote third due to cost Wolf Eye Storm.

I will get an external charger and batteries.

One question. What does a smooth vs. textured reflector affect?

Opinions on which to choose?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For the same output and reflector, a textured reflector will give a smoother beam but less throw. How much less throw depends on how textured the reflector is.

Note down what you need or want the light to do, then look at the specs of the lights and see which one suits you better.