Where is a 400 lumen Fenix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire`s 400 lumen Invictus is coming out just around the corner! Fenix is always on top of things...are they asleep? I have to have 400 lumen...you know...find the bathroom at night. But my wallet can`t really afford Surefire. Come on...don`t let us down Fenix. Come to my wallets rescue:poke:

Last edited:

maxa beam

Banned
To the OP: Unless Fenix can regurgitate thousands of lights which aren't cobbled together with bubblegum and string, and magically market it in a week or two, that won't happen. They might come up with a knock-off after the Invictus comes out.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix do seem to be dragging their heels here. I suppose the Fenix TK10 would be the host of choice for a P7. No doubt Fenix will bump it up to 450 lumens just for good measure.

maxa beam

Banned
Fenix do seem to be dragging their heels here. I suppose the Fenix TK10 would be the host of choice for a P7. No doubt Fenix will bump it up to 450 lumens just for good measure.

No, they'll Advertise 450 lumens when in Reality it'll be far under that.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you look for arguments you know you will lose :shakehead

maxa beam

Banned
So that's why their "advertised" figures routinely test within 5% of "tested" figures here on CPF..... The P3D, L2D, T1, LOD, etc have all tested to be spot on.

Yes, because CPF members spend ten thousand dollars so they can test a flashlight.

They advertise bulb lumens. It'd be pretty much impossible for it to even be near to out the front lumens.
do you look for arguments you know you will lose :shakehead

This post was full of great content and completely destroyed my argument with "You'll lose!".
Finding a way to disprove me would be more fitting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yes, because CPF members spend ten thousand dollars so they can test a flashlight.

They advertise bulb lumens. It'd be pretty much impossible for it to even be near to out the front lumens.

This post was full of great content and completely destroyed my argument with "You'll lose!".

You've already been disproven, the above mentioned lights have been tested in calibrated setups and measured to be accurate TORCH lumens.

IMSabbel

Enlightened

How about not being an *** for startes?

Compared the Fenix, Surefire has routinely shown a reaction to market developments only to be surpassed by a sloth on valium.
There is no need for bubblegum and shoestrings, normally,to beat them by months or years.
So Surefire having a LED light out with the same emitter not already being in widespread use is certainly an anomaly.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

If Fenix builds a P7 lights I don't see why they wouldn't drive the P7 at near max output, as they do with their Cree lights. If that's the case they could have a P7 light that has 800-900 emitter lumens, which would probably be around 700+ lumens out the front.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Fenix might hold out for the Cree version of the P7.

How many Fenix light do you see with Seoul LEDs that are stock?

I do not really like the tint on the Seoul LEDs. Not to mention the wiskers in the dome.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, they are known to be working on a 18650 light, so maybe this is their P7 (or Cree quad-die version) which they are most likely working on. Imagine a 18650 version of the P3D with a very floody beam of about 700 lumens max

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Fenix might hold out for the Cree version of the P7.

Has there been word on such a beast? :) I think for Fenix to look into using a P7, or Cree's version, there would have to be a large enough supply of them to meet their demands.

maxa beam

Banned
If Fenix builds a P7 lights I don't see why they wouldn't drive the P7 at near max output, as they do with their Cree lights. If that's the case they could have a P7 light that has 800-900 emitter lumens, which would probably be around 700+ lumens out the front.

Good luck packing such a large heatsink in a reasonably sized light.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
and it also stopped a bullet :twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.