Scorpion kontra E2

Aladdin

Newly Enlightened
For those who haven't decided yet
wink.gif

I've got my Scorpion yesterday. So I put it in my left hand and put the E2 in my right hand, to make some comparisons.
The price: $65 vs.$40 (mine)
The quality: its not an easy question. For that $65 the E2 is not cheap, but it doesn't look like a cheap light. Its outside and inside looks like they made a perfect job.(lockout tail cap, o-rings everywhere HA finish)
The Scorpion is an other world. For that $40 (for me, but usually its under $35) it is the 60% of the price of the E2. But the Scorpion looks like a cheap lamp.(no o-rings) The rubber outside is not bad, but the HA finish is better.
The push button: if you just want to use the Scorpions button as a momentary push button it's not bad, but that click mehanism is not as good as the E2s turning on switch, because this rubber outside on the Sc. is too thick and it's a little bit hard to push that button until it clicks.
Beam comparison: as we know the E2 is bright, and has a perfect round beam. The Sc. is brighter. (I don't have P60 or P61, but as I've seen on the pictures if we call the E2 a P60 the Sc. should be a P61.) The Sc's beam is not to nice. When you use the narrow beam the lamp lights as far as a 3D Mag. The E2 is good for the half of that way.
So if you want a flashlight which is very bright and not as expensive as a Surefire, and if you don't care about the quality (outside, beam) then buy the Scorpion.
But if you want the perfect light, don't hezitate, buy the E2!
grin.gif