Help needed: strange LO-TI behavior

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a LO-Ti from another CPF'r today and it has a problem. Noticed it had teflon tape on the threads, just assumed it was to make it smooth. As i was putting the head back on after inserting a nimh i noticed a flicker. Then put it on my keychain and when the metal keys touched the head it came on! if you bridged the head and body it will come on at a low level. took the teflon tape off and it comes on(most of the time:sigh:) you put the head on the body. Sometimes it does not come on when you put the head on, but if you screw it all the way down to on, when you unscrew it STAYS on at that low level until you completely unscrew the head.

It was already modded with a seoul by the previous owner. If the emitter slug was not isolated, it just would not work, right? I have unscrewed the reflector and lens front and it continues to do it. really confused as to where the contact is being made. the solder work appears to be clean on the mod. i can take pics if it helps.

Its a very nice light, so it would be nice to get it fixed. I am still an amateur when it comes to electrical stuff, so any help is very appreciated.:wave:

Last edited:

warlord

Enlightened
Sounds like the slug isn't properly isolated. You may need to remove the led and re-install it properly.

Pics would always be of help.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks warlord, i really hope it is that simple. i can desolder the contacts and check for continuity later today. fingers are crossed.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
no offense, but what is 1 out of 150 Titanium Lo-Ti lights doing on your KEYCHAIN!!!

:nana:

Crenshaw