IS test results ?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
For the benefit of CPF and for true flux measurements instead of "claims" I'd be very interested in the results of the excessive tests done by Peter with all those production 1x123 lights.

Is there a chance of publishing those results?
Peter ... please? :)

bernie

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
LSI test results for "production 1x123 lights". Are you referring to the Arc6 production units or competitors? The Arc6 results are better than the minimum I am claiming of course.

As far as competitors. I did 2 main surveys and a bunch of smaller batches. The first large survey was done awhile ago for CIS and is here. The second large survey, which has over 400 hours of testing, was done for another company recently, who asked me not to say their name. They also have not released the results to the public. I took some liberties posting a tiny bit about the P2D.

Is that what you were looking for?

peter

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, I was looking for the results of the second survey. The first one was already a great help, and I guess the second one would also be very interesting.

But from what you say it seems that the results will not be for us then.

Thanx for answering though :)

bernie

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if everyone has had an opportunity to see a sphere so I will share some picture taken at LSI. Very nice place btw.

aIMG_0718.jpg

aIMG_0720.jpg

aIMG_0714.jpg

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I don't know if everyone has had an opportunity to see a sphere so I will share some picture taken at LSI.
That is a far more imposing device than I would have expected, thanks for sharing the photos.

Peter: Any chance of taking liberties one more time to tell us the results for the NovaTac 120? Based on my own comparisons, I'm pretty sure at least some of the levels are not what they're supposed to be (mainly, 0.08 on mine is clearly brighter than 0.08 on my B42). I'd be very interested to see how accurate the max output claim is, as well as any other levels you might have tested. Thanks.

BytorJr

Newly Enlightened
I thought it was just me who though the lowest Novatac setting was much brighter than my U60GT!! :)

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
I thought it was just me who though the lowest Novatac setting was much brighter than my U60GT!! :)
Ah, so I'm not alone! Yeah the Nova's 0.08 looks like it could be almost twice as bright as the HDS's, though it's tricky to do a proper bounce test with such low levels and the beams are too different to compare directly. It'd be nice if Peter could help us out and put some numbers to it, but it sounds like he has to be careful about sharing his results and I doubt he bothered with a test of the minimum anyway.

Latest posts