What to do with my pre 01 5D mag?

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was given a pretty early 5D, looks cruddy but make a nice sleeper light. I see fivemega has his 4 wide battery adapters availible again (though not for 5 deep).

I taped together 4 eneloops and it appears they will fit with no boring, but do I really want to try and get 20 eneloops in there anyhow? Sounds kinda pricey :) and I am not really sure what to do with that high a voltage anyhow.

I imagine I could also use a battery pack by Lux Luthor that I wouldn't be able to use on a newer mag.

It seems that any of the led heatsinks out would be too loose to use in here, so it will probably be a hotwire of some kind, but nothing TOO extravagant. Any suggestions? Perhaps a mag85 or 630 with some sort of custom serial-parallel pack?

Would Kui's high temp socket kit fit OK on this old switch? It seems to be mostly the same, biggest difference I see being everything drops out the front.

*edit* This thread states that the c size kui switch would probably work on the old D mag:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=165903
No one has confirmed it though.

Last edited:

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on luxlutohr's battery pack!

maybe mag85 is one of the best mod you can make...not too powerful but still VERY poerful ;)....

Kiu socket will fit nicely in all mags but I can confirm C KIU will fit in an old mag D switch...if you want to spend more (about 80-90$) you can get the AW's soft starter and multi brightness that protect your bulbs from instaflashing and allows you to use the light on LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH...

good luck with your mod!:twothumbs