Malkoff        

Thread: P60L

Default P60L

Quick question here from a new member. First, about myself, you'll notice my SN has a 2 at the end, my first account never fully registered a year ago, for whatever reason.

On to my question: I have a SF 9P, and I don't feel like always having batteries on me. I'm looking at the P60L drop in lamp. I know it says it is compatible with the 9P, but I see no specs anywhere that specifically indicate it can operate at 6VDC or 9VDC. I don't want to kill a new lamp with over-voltage operation.

Can you guys quickly confirm the P60L will operate smoothly with my SF 9P?

Thanks,
    Charc

Default Re: P60L

It can take up to 9v. It's the same one that's used in the G3L and similar lights. Just don't use rechargeable batteries.

There's a whole thread about P60 size drop-ins here.

If you are looking for more output, there are brighter drop-ins then the P60L.

Last edited by Gunner12; 05-25-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Enlightened

Surefire's site lists the 9p as being compatible w/the P60L along with others so it will be fine.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...L-LED-Assembly

Yup, no problems in a 9P at all I have used a P60L in my 9P with no issues, only difference to using it in a 6P/2x SF123a format is increased runtime.

Welcome to CPF!

Regards,
    Tempest
    Currently looking for: SureFire E1W, 6PX 9/11. Any rare/old/unusual SureFires!

Flashaholic*

while not the brightest, the P60L is one of the few, if not the only one, with thermal protection circuit.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Quote Originally Posted by 270winchester View Post
    while not the brightest, the P60L is one of the few, if not the only one, with thermal protection circuit.
    P60L I guess it is, then. Unless anyone has any other better comments, just glad to know this drop in will work.

The Malkoffdevices M60LL seems to have around the same output but longer runtime.

It costs more too though.

Righ there on the homepage. It lists compatible lights for the P60L.
    Fits: 6P, 9P, G2, G3, G2Z, C2, C3, Z2, Z3, D3