Wolf-Eyes D23 modules

daimleramg

Banned
So I've been looking around DX and found these...

Plastic 5 packs of 23mm Secondary Optics

Sales link replaced with product description - Empath

My modules for my storm are the D23's I hope that means 23mm wide. So I hope I can somehow fit these on each of my 3 modules. Now that will be some serious throw...thats three R2's driven at about 960mA each. Once i get these from DX and if I can get these installed I'll have pics up with beamshots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Empath

Flashaholic
Re-opened by request of a member that wishes to pursue the secondary topic. The link to the sales offer has been removed and replaced with a description of the item. When an offer to sell is more prominent than accompanying discussion, a proper sales oriented forum should be chosen for the thread.

Last edited:

Glen C

Enlightened
DaimlerAMG, I had a look at the link when you first posted this, not expensive but they look nothing like the modules in your Storm. I don't think they will easily work. Have you taken a module out yet? They are machined and threaded metal construction in typical heavy duty WE fashion, somewhat different to the link. I can post a photo or it is easy to get yours out, just undo the bezel, then unscrew the modules, which are screwed about 6mm into the mounting plate. Good luck

daimleramg

Banned
Re-opened by request of a member that wishes to pursue the secondary topic. The link to the sales offer has been removed and replaced with a description of the item. When an offer to sell is more prominent than accompanying discussion, a proper sales oriented forum should be chosen for the thread.

I was not trying to sell anything, I linked DX just to show what I was talking about.

Im not familiar with these optics and wanted to know if others could help.

DaimlerAMG, I had a look at the link when you first posted this, not expensive but they look nothing like the modules in your Storm. I don't think they will easily work. Have you taken a module out yet? They are machined and threaded metal construction in typical heavy duty WE fashion, somewhat different to the link. I can post a photo or it is easy to get yours out, just undo the bezel, then unscrew the modules, which are screwed about 6mm into the mounting plate. Good luck

Hey Glen, yes I have taken the bezel off and it seems like the reflector is glued to the pill. I was thinking of a temp install with just the aspheric lens to the D23 modules somehow once I receive it. For around $5.00 its not much of a gamble.

daimleramg

Banned
Just receive the 23mm aspheric lens...

I really dont know how to mount them and I do not want to open up the pill. I have some pics to how you guys how they look and what kinda beamshot it produces on my ceiling.

heres my storm without the bezel...

redo1fj3.jpg

heres the same pic but with the aspheric lenses sitting ontop of the D23 modules...

redo2bn8.jpg

and heres a quick beamshot on the ceiling...

pics149vh9.jpg

will try to mount them properly... if you guys have any helpful hints please share...

Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned
So I still havent found a way to mount them without any damage, so all i did was used some clear tape around the edges to keep it in place. Now these are plastic lenses so i dont run the light on high for more then 3 mins at a time. I have to screw the bezel down with out the glass lense but man does it throw. Heres a beamshot of all three R2's focused in the same direction. Its 3 square cree dies projected onto one spot, im guessing its about 700 lumens at the centre and 100 or so lumen spill. But if you look closely you can see an orange peel spill, and talk about major rings. This light seems like an HID light now, the centre spot is so bright.

DM51

Flashaholic
Some beamshots taken outside at a good distance away would be very interesting, especially if you have another "thrower" light to compare it to.