Anything new on the 5mm LED front? (still dreaming of E1e mod..)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping some brighter and whiter 5mm LED would be available soon. I'd love to see an E1e lamp modded with a 5mm led that would put out about 20+ lumens with a flat output curve. LOL. Am I asking too much? I know someone here made one but the output was not impressive. Any news on the 5mm front?

paulr

Flashaholic
I was hoping some brighter and whiter 5mm LED would be available soon. I'd love to see an E1e lamp modded with a 5mm led that would put out about 20+ lumens with a flat output curve. LOL. Am I asking too much? I know someone here made one but the output was not impressive. Any news on the 5mm front?

Yes that is probably asking too much, for a single 5mm led. Even if there were a 5mm led bright enough, you would still need a dc-dc converter. There are lots of led mods for the E1e that are much brighter than 20 lumens, but they are more complex than a pure lamp replacement.

Illum

Flashaholic

E1e? dunno...it would be nice for a E1e to be chock full of GS's...
you mean like a Peak McKinley? 7LED, 1xcr123A, runtime 1.5 hours to 50%
your better off just buying it for $40

I'll take your E1e if your willing to sell it ;)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see Inova offer an updated version of the X5 using DS LEDS (like the Arc DS) and a grippy finish on the body.

There is a noticeable brightness difference between my Arc AAA-P CS and DS and I hope the same would be true of an Inova X5 vs. X5-DS.