• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cancelled : Cree XR-E R2/WG

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update 12 June (past updates at the end of this post) : refunded everyone's money. I am very sorry for any inconvenience, but I can not do anything about the lost package in the mail. I'll try to get some more R2's for attractive prices in the near future.

Cree XR-E LED emitters
  • flux bin R2 (114-121 lumen @ 350 mA)
  • tint bin : WG (cold white)
  • highest flux bin available at this moment
  • from an authorized Cree distributor

Pricing
  • Bare LED emitters : 9.00 USD each
  • LED emitters mounted on aluminum PCB (round, 20mm diameter) : 9.89 USD each
  • shipping : 5 USD worldwide priority mail
  • registered mail : add an additional 7 USD (buy 35 LEDs or more and get free registration!)

Ordering
  • if you send Paypal, please include : your CPF nickname, shipping address and total order
  • Cash Paypal : [email protected]
  • Credit Card Paypal : add 5% and send to [email protected] (mind the underscore/low line!)
  • anonymous ordering is possible, just contact me by PM

Shipping
  • all orders will be shipped by worldwide priority mail
  • emitters will be shipped in their original packaging like they come from the Cree factory
  • the LEDs will be secured between 2 pieces of cardboard and shipped in a soft padded envelope for maximum protection
  • for unregistered mail I can not be responsible for lost mail
  • shipping date : end of this week (30 May)

Past updates
  • 25 May : I'm currently doing a project (custom application for a CPFer :) ) with Cree XR-E R2/WG emitters, probably we'll have some emitters too much. Is there any interest in these, I can let them go for only 9.x USD. Please post if you're interested.
  • 26 May : All right we got some more and some surplus which we can let go at very low prices only for CPF'ers.
  • 28 May : I made some miscalculations in the prices, apologies for this. The prices are updated now. If you already ordered, please let me know whether you want to order more or you want a refund for the amount you paid too much. Thanks and once more my apologies for any unconvenience.
  • 7 June : As some of you might have noticed, the LEDs have not yet been shipped. On Monday 26th May they were shipped (national mail, within Belgium) to the address I'm staying right now (at the university). They should have arrived at latest on Friday 30th May, on which the original shipping date was set when starting this sale. The package never showed up and I filed a complaint 3 days ago. If the package doesn't show up before Tuesday 10th of June, I'll refund everyone's money and this sale will be cancelled. I am so sorry for the delay and problems, but at this moment I can not do anything but wait. It sucks really hard to loose an uninsured package with a few hundred of these precious LEDs. Please accept my apologies and if there's no solution on Tuesday, everyone will get a full refund.
  • 12 June : refunded everyone's money. I am very sorry for any inconvenience, but I can not do anything about the lost package in the mail. I'll try to get some more R2's for attractive prices in the near future.

Thanks!
Erasmus

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cree R2/WG emitters

Do these have the yellow phosphor coating around the chip, or is it silver?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take 10 at that approximate price if you have them to spare.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Do these have the yellow phosphor coating around the chip, or is it silver?
It is silver.

Thanks to everyone for expressing interest, keep on doing so. Tomorrow I know if we have leftover and how much.

Russki

Enlightened

I will take 10 for sure.
:thanks:
Well, :hairpull: I will be out of town for week.
Any way to save some for me? Please.
I will take them, I swear on my life.
I was looking for R2 for awhile. :mecry:

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I could probably take 50, but if that's too much I'd be happy with less.

cloud

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested in a couple also