Firefox Add-on crew! v. AdBlockPlus

What add-ons/extensions do you use?

I use downloadhelper to download Youtube videos, AdBlock+ and Flash Block to block most banners and ads from pages.

blockthem.png

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Adblock Plus + Filterset Updater - Self-updating ad-blocking

DownloadHelper - Youtube vid downloader

Extended Statusbar - Displays amount of data loaded and at what speed in the statusbar

ForecastFox - Tiny and unobtrusive current/forecast weather in the statusbar

Image Zoom - Can zoom any displayed image

PrefBar - Drop-down toolbar that controls various settings, can turn on/off Java, Flash, Sound, Colors, Images, etc, can also Restore Tab, bringing back a tab you closed earlier

SmoothWheel - Smooth page scrolling, you can read clearly while scrolling

Statusbar Clock - Displays date, day of the week, time in the statusbar (my Windows taskbar is set to auto-hide)

Stealther - Traceless browsing. Turn Stealther on, go anywhere, then turn it off - no evidence left anywhere of where you've been

Tiny Menu - Puts all the options at the top of the browser into a single bar, greatly expands viewing space

TryAgain - Load hammers, if a page fails to load, TryAgain will continue trying to load it over and over again.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget NoScript... Prevents all types of java/scripts/flash/etc. loads from sites you have not yet approved.

Very nice companion for Anti-Virus and enforcing privacy (off page scripts don't get executed).

-Bill

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
AVG Safe Search - shows dangerous links in search results
BugMeNot - bypass compulsory registration on free sites
Flash Video Resources Downloader - download flash
Foxy Tunes - Controls your media player from firefox
Image Zoom - zoom images:ohgeez:
NoScript - whitelist based javascript blocker
StumbleUpon - find new interesting pages
TrackMeNot - prevents search profiling by injecting extra searches
Trashmail.net - generates and pastes disposable email addresses

Keep telling myself I will play with Greasemonkey but haven't yet. One of these days I will look at cookie manager add ons again, too.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had CookieSafe V2.0.6 on my system--and it seem to have killed my browser's performance (may be an issue with spywareblaster loading too many cookie/site blacklists???)...

So, be a bit careful what and how much you add on--some of these items may not play well together.

-Bill

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
None. Was always an Opera user (since 2.x). Used to be big on FF (since Phoenix) as an alternative. Moved on to third-party Mozilla products such as the Tete PGO builds. Finally settled on K-Meleon. Not quite as speedy as Opera, but fun to customize and browse with. So it is Opera and K-Meleon here - at least on the Win32 platform :cool: .

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
CTC (close tab in right click context menu)
session manager, remembers where you were and can restore all your pages in tabs even when firefox crashes or you exit firefox.
URL link, you can highlight partial links (urls) and right click on them and open them in pages/tabs
open image in new tab (right click on picture)
all in one sidebar (still figuring this one out, is interesting)
downloadthemall.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Script - I love this to no end
Ad Block Plus
Cookie Culler

I'm looking at some other extensions but I'm usually pretty careful about what I put on my machine. I also don't like clutter so I try to use tings that I really need,, and try to avoid pure convenience features when I can.

I also have Privoxy and Tor installed, but I have never seen a reason to use them when doing CPF browsing. But it is fun at times pulling up Google in German!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I always like seeing what others have and like. I had too many problems with noscript...at legit sites, and uninstalled it.

FF-Adds.jpg

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of the above
"Tiny URL" is good for listserves.
Also I have the wayback machine loaded but rarely use it in case I want to look up old sites.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
Excellent topic! Added Tiny Menu and Statusbar Clock today.
addons.jpg

Many thanks.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you pull up those menus?
Adblock menu and the other Add-ons.

I have an Add-on I don't want and I can't find it to delete it.