I must ask for forgivness!!

sawlight

Enlightened
I am sorry my brethren, I have failed you today!! I have done wrong and must beg for forgivness!!
My family and I went to tour an old aircraft carrier and I went NAKED!! Yes, I left my trusty Novatac siting on the nightstand, it didn't fit well in the shorts I wore today, so rather than risk loosing it, or changing, I left it behind!
There were several times I looked and wondered "Whats down there?" as I reached for the light that wasn't there to light it up!! Then the "What if the power goes out, man it would get dark in here!" Set in!!
I have failed you all!! Can you please see it in you're hearts to forgive me? I am so sorry!!:(

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can forgive you for leaving your EDC at home but to not have a small back up light with you is unforgiveable.:shakehead I guess as long as you have learned from you experience :caution:, the shame you are admitting to is punishment enough.:whoopin:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
After spending over a year at CPF, it is unforgiveable for you not to even have a keychain light. In order to be forgiven, you must go out and buy a AAA light and keep it with your keys at all times. :naughty:

Just kidding ... I'm sure it happens to the best of us. I don't carry my lights when I'm swimming or play basketball, else people will wonder what's that bulge in my pants. On second thought, maybe I should carry a light. :devil:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Everything is forgivable as long as you promise to do your best to learn from it. You should probably trick your brain into believing some terrible experience happened down in the guts of that carrier, traumatizing you enough to not even wanting go to the shower without at least a button cell light. :p

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're unforgiven, you were supposed to bring a Pila GL3.:naughty::twothumbs

Which aircraft carrier did you visit? Hornet? Midway?

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I am sorry my brethren, I have failed you today!! I have done wrong and must beg for forgivness!!
My family and I went to tour an old aircraft carrier and I went NAKED!! Yes, I left my trusty Novatac siting on the nightstand, it didn't fit well in the shorts I wore today, so rather than risk loosing it, or changing, I left it behind!
There were several times I looked and wondered "Whats down there?" as I reached for the light that wasn't there to light it up!! Then the "What if the power goes out, man it would get dark in here!" Set in!!
I have failed you all!! Can you please see it in you're hearts to forgive me? I am so sorry!!:(

... and this is exactly why I've stated several times that the EDC/HDS/NOVATAC/ETC are simply too large to be catergized as an EDC light. The simple fact that it was too large to fit the entire you choose for the day proves my point. I know you started this thread as a "funny" thing, but think about it. Always have and EDC light that, short of being naked, you will have on your possession.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't say anything that hasn't been said except if you have a nice light like the Novatec as an EDC, I'm perplexed as to why you don't have a key chain light. I have a miller-modded Arc AAA myself as well as a Photon Freedom backup.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be forgiven you must burn up at least one box of Surefire batteries you naughty boy!!!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats why i bought a Lf2X, super bright, and small enough that you can never have an excuse not to have it. heck, i bring it with me when i go jogging...thats the only thing i have in my pocket.

Crenshaw

sawlight

Enlightened
... and this is exactly why I've stated several times that the EDC/HDS/NOVATAC/ETC are simply too large to be catergized as an EDC light. The simple fact that it was too large to fit the entire you choose for the day proves my point. I know you started this thread as a "funny" thing, but think about it. Always have and EDC light that, short of being naked, you will have on your possession.

It wasn't too large TIN, the pockets have a steep angle like dress slacks and the light didn't fit right, it felt like it would flop out at any moment. But it was all the way in the pocket.
I am a rather large fellow at 6'1" and a bit out of shape, so I don't notice any bulk from this light.
I could shove a 3D mag in my pocket if it was big enough, and not notice it:whistle:

We saw the Lexington, neat, but GAWD awful HOT!!!!

I run RCR's, so whats the pentance for that:rolleyes:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
That's okay; the public confession is probably punishment enough. ;-)

But that's why an EDC really has to be small and unobtrusive enough that you can *always* carry it with you. There are a number of other lights I love to carry as the mood strikes - a McLux III PD, hotwire E2e, or P3d - but the one light that's always with me is the little Draco by modamag. It's half the size of my Arc AAA, 100 lumens on high, and 4 hours of emergency runtime in a package that isn't visible even in my slimmest suit pockets. As a result, it's always with me; it's second nature, just like my wallet.

I suppose if we wanted to be constructive with your pennance, we could force you to find your own EDC - a light that you can *always* carry with you. Your wife might not like us much, though....

sawlight

Enlightened
I was going to buy an EO1, but I am not happy with the beam shape or colors from what I have seen! I don't understand why no one can take a Cree or SSC and UNDERDRIVE it to 10lum and LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
Nice beam, nice runtimes and runs on a AAA.
OK, back on topic, I took my Novatac to dinner!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Draco is awesome, a little pricey though. I have an AlTin Ti Draco and I love it. It's elegant, classy, bright, and has a beatiulf beam pattern. I put my first small scratch on the head already. :mecry:I think it got scratched up with my Atwood in my pocket.

... but the one light that's always with me is the little Draco by modamag. It's half the size of my Arc AAA, 100 lumens on high, and 4 hours of emergency runtime in a package that isn't visible even in my slimmest suit pockets.