Changes to the new Surfire Titan?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Titan is rated at 70 lumen...the old one 65. The old Titan was powered by a Cr2 batt...the new one is powered by a 123A batt according to the Surefire catalog. Is this correct? How will this change the size...longer...fatter? Any idea how much the new one will sell for? Do those that have the old Ti models still like them?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot less going from Titanium to Aluminum:ohgeez:
CR123As have about 1200+ mah while CR2s have ~800mah, surefire might have taken that as an advantage for tweaking the regulator boards a bit

Hmm...might have a longer run time too. But it might be a bit big for a keychain light...seems thats the way their marketing it.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see the new Titan T1A when it comes out. It's definitely not going to be a keychain light.

Illum

Flashaholic
But it might be a bit big for a keychain light...seems thats the way their marketing it.

:confused: :eek:oo: :thinking: :banghead: :green: :ohgeez:
why not promote neck carry? surely aluminumovercast has made himself clear with his warming picture of the Titan between the uh...um, pages of the 2007 catalog

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
:confused: :eek:oo: :thinking: :banghead: :green: :ohgeez:
why not promote neck carry? surely aluminumovercast has made himself clear with his warming picture of the Titan between the uh...um, pages of the 2007 catalog

They do..."It also includes a lanyard and split ring to hang it around your neck or attach it to your keys". The picture shows it attached to a key ring.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do those that have the old Ti models still like them?

I usually carry two lights with me. One is 'the pick of the day' which I choose every morning among the several lights that I keep on a shelf in my bedroom. The other one is SF Titan which has been my EDC for the last six months. I still find its fully adjustable output the best solution for daily chores. :thumbsup:

cv3po

Banned
I dunno but I wish they had kept it a CR2 light. That in alum would have been pretty sweet..........