met a lurker of CPF on the weekend

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work for a cab co on the weekends, and i had this guy and girl in the car and somehow leds came up in conversation, so he said i have a fenix p1dce and an INOVA, i told him about the new flip chip, he did not know about that, I said "you dont happen to know about CPF do you?" He said yes i do, i asked him if he is a member, he said no. Hes just a lurker. Its a small world i guess. I also told him about my L2D RB100, he did not know about that either, and i was pissed because i was going to bring it that night too, and i could have showed him.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, always good to know we're not completely alone in our fanaticism. We'll eventually infect the population, one power outage at a time. :ohgeez:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never met a flashaholic before. If I ever talk in details about flashlights to my friends/family, they'll just roll their eyes. It'll be interesting to meet a flashaholic.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I met a lurker or posssible a member on a night bicycling ride who was with a cycling friend that I had met up with on a cycling forum.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It kinda did not feel right talking about this stuff with a complete stranger, but nontheless, a nice guy and since we seemed to be on the same plane, it made evertything alright. If your out there bro, you should register, this place is a tremendous wealth of info.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend that you go to one of the get-togethers, if any are in your area. Here in northern nj we have the PhotonFests and the Flashaholic's Camping Weekend. It is really great to meet so many with our same interests, and also to put faces behind some of the posters here. I had a blast when I went.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I ran into a fellow CPF member in a little northern California town last month. We were in line at a burger king and he noticed the Fenix clipped to my belt and asked about it. By the time the meal was over he's shown me several of his lights ( several 1 watts from Coast and Inova) and I'd shown him 5 or so of mine, including an NDI that I'd just purchased.

2 weeks after I got home I got the email saying he'd purchased an NDI too. :)

Daniel

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I had a one degree of seperation CPF encounter today. Having my teeth cleaned and my dental hygenist was wearing a neat little headlamp setup. She told me it's a $1200 dollar unit with a $125 WA specialty lamp. She said her other headlamp sported an led. I mention CPF and she told me she had a client in another office who's a CPF'er. Funny thing is she's not a flashaholic but was really excited to show off her headlamps and their respective nuances.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago I sold a modified mag on Ebay in the UK. Before buying the customer asked a few things like runtime, output etc.

Turns out he is also a CPF member - small world.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've met at least three CPF members since 2001.

At least two in Seattle: one in 2001 and the other in I believe 2002. There *MAY* have been a third, but I honestly do not remember.
Of the two I'm sure of, one was near the dry cleaner's near E. Olive Way and Broadway just east of downtown Seattle - I had my Arc LS prototype with me which I showed him. And the other was in the person's home; I don't remember if I had any significant lights or lasers on me at the time.

And one in Sacramento: mid-2006 - he came to my apt. in early-June to bring me some batteries - my stuff hadn't yet arrived so I showed him the yellow and blue DPSS lasers and the Arc LS prototype that I had brought with me.