Tiablo A9 : Real or Fake ??????

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I read about some fake MRV so I had a doubt, I bought around 3 months ago a Tiablo A9 and now it costs 118 $ That's a good price ( batteryjunction is a real retailer).
Yesterday I spoke with my friend and he told me he bought the same flashlight from ebay at 59,90 $ ( half of the price ) !!! from hkequipment !!
I checked and he told me the true.
How is it possible ???

The batteryjunction price is right, the ebay price why is so low ? Is it a fake ?

Pls let me know
Thanks

Max Woodman

Banned
I read about some fake MRV so I had a doubt, I bought around 3 months ago a Tiablo A9 and now it costs 118 $ That's a good price ( batteryjunction is a real retailer).
Yesterday I spoke with my friend and he told me he bought the same flashlight from ebay at 59,90 $ ( half of the price ) !!! from hkequipment !!
I checked and he told me the true.
How is it possible ???

The batteryjunction price is right, the ebay price why is so low ? Is it a fake ?

Pls let me know
Thanks

Hi there...

No one here, will tell you if it's a FAKE or not. i don't know why? but thats the way it is. (sorry)

Do you have some picture at the lamp?

By the way, have you see this cheap auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiablo-A9-CREE-...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Last edited:

smelly

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I bought one from Ebay fro a similar price and all I can say is that it is my best torch and I am very happy.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compare the two and find out. If you can't tell any difference between them, then I guess it doesn't matter if it's "fake" or not.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
$40.00 shipping?

Its a tactic used by ebay sellers to gain more profit, by dropping the reserve (or BIN) price and increasing the shipping prices. Ebay only takes a percentage off the auction price, and excludes S/H.

OP... the only way to tell is A/B compare the two lights.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I wrote BatteryJunction only because I bought from them, but the price is the same to others retailers.
I compared with my A9 and it's the same thing.
It's not a great thing for Tiablo to making their flashlights selling at these prices. Retailers should be a little bit disappointed of these.
118 $ from one and half price from the others is a great deal.
How is it possible ? i think Tiablo should limit the price.
From 100 $ to 110-120 $ it's :thumbsup: but 59$ to 118 $ is too much :eek:.

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Compare the two and find out. If you can't tell any difference between them, then I guess it doesn't matter if it's "fake" or not.

The only differences that I can see between the Battery Junction one and the Ebay one are...

42 mm diameter x 36 mm deep reflector provides greater efficient
[FONT=arial, helvetica] 42 mm diameter x 33 mm deep reflector provides greater efficient illumination over longer distances.

Also if you look at the one on Battery Junction where it says A9 on the flashlight, right underneath that I think it says
LED Flashlight.
[/FONT]

The one on Ebay just says A9

I don't know if that would make it a bootleg but, sometimes it is something that simple.

IcantC

Enlightened
You do know since you and your "friend" have the same light, you can compare the 2 and let us know of differences :).

BMF

Enlightened
Originally Posted by Ecko
The only differences that I can see between the Battery Junction one and the Ebay one are...

42 mm diameter x 36 mm deep reflector provides greater efficient
[FONT=arial, helvetica]42 mm diameter x 33 mm deep reflector provides greater efficient illumination over longer distances.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica]Also if you look at the one on Battery Junction where it says A9 on the flashlight, right underneath that I think it says LED Flashlight.[/FONT]

The one on Ebay just says A9

I don't know if that would make it a bootleg but, sometimes it is something that simple.

So which one is the fake one: 33 mm or 36 mm? Both PTS and Battery Junction using 33 mm but:

As I know the deeper reflector the better throw, so I guess 36 mm deep is throwing better than 33 mm but your post is in reverse, which one is the better throw? And if I'm right so the 36 mm will throw better than 33 mm, the purpose of making monster throw A9, but 36 mm is from ebay???

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
So which one is the fake one: 33 mm or 36 mm? Both PTS and Battery Junction using 33 mm but:

As I know the deeper reflector the better throw, so I guess 36 mm deep is throwing better than 33 mm but your post is in reverse, which one is the better throw? And if I'm right so the 36 mm will throw better than 33 mm, the purpose of making monster throw A9, but 36 mm is from ebay???

33 mm could be just a simple typo in the description. I know for a fact that the different labels/brands often buy a design from some talented persons and then commission a factory to produce the items. There was strong indications that the same people designed a lot of both LumaPowers and Tiablos initial offerings. Some lights are very similar in construction/design, eg. LP MRV and Tiablo A8 & A9. For me the whole 'fake' discussion become irrelevant as the important factors here is which factory made it and who designed it.

BMF

Enlightened

Originally Posted by StefanFS
33 mm could be just a simple typo in the description. I know for a fact that the different labels/brands often buy a design from some talented persons and then commission a factory to produce the items. There was strong indications that the same people designed a lot of both LumaPowers and Tiablos initial offerings. Some lights are very similar in construction/design, eg. LP MRV and Tiablo A8 & A9. For me the whole 'fake' discussion become irrelevant as the important factors here is which factory made it and who designed it.

The reason I wondered is I have 2 A9 and one is better in throw and I didn't pay attention about the deep of the reflectors. I couldn't check now because I forgot one in my sister's house when visiting them over the holiday weekend. One is black and the better thrower is natural.

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I compared again and I can tell you that they have 33 mm. reflector.
The one bought at batteryjunction throw better, with batteries charged and tested equal, it has a brighter spot while ebay's one is darker at the center.
They look like the same eshetically.
I prefer to buy from a certified store that on ebay, I think if I should have problem they will help me 100%, with the one on ebay I don't know.

Max Woodman

Banned
I compared again and I can tell you that they have 33 mm. reflector.
The one bought at batteryjunction throw better, with batteries charged and tested equal, it has a brighter spot while ebay's one is darker at the center.
They look like the same eshetically.
I prefer to buy from a certified store that on ebay, I think if I should have problem they will help me 100%, with the one on ebay I don't know.

Don't buy any cheap FAKE at e-bay. Home made in a Chinese backyard.
No Thanks! :shakehead