9V LED Mini Lights With NiMH 9V Rechargeable?

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two 9V rechargeable NiMH's without a home. They won't work with Ben's, (Island Lighting), "Super Mini 9V Lite" because his lights aren't regulated and it gets way too hot in only about a minute. I wanted to use them with the "Pak-Lite" but I was thinking about a Pal Light which I've always wanted to try and it's not THAT much bigger than the "Pak-Lite". Which Pal Light do you guys prefer and why? Will the "Pak-Lite" work with a 9V NiMH? Are there any other mini 9V LED lights out there? Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a Palight onestar. it has 7 brightness settings, which is probably too much, but it really is nice to have the ability to adjust the light. the onestar has a 5mm led, and i like the beam pattern with the lens removed.

the low beam is perfect for around the house/reading in bed.

on high beam, it is pretty bright. no, it isnt super bright, but it puts out plenty for most needs.

dont know whether it would work with a rechargeable.

oh, and though it would be expensive, you can run a ithium in the palight, and double the runtimes, while making it lighter.

good luck,
Bob

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I've got PALight Onestars and Survivor models. I prefer the Onestars, as most of the time I'm merely turning it on for the "task at hand"...and then turning it off without having to cycle through strobe to get to off. I think the Onestar is about $5 less also? I do like PALights!! I gave away 15 at Christmas time, recipients loved them!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input.
Sigman, what are the "Onestars" now called? If I remember correctly, Pal Lights were sold and now have different nomenclature.