Am I doing well?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope this doesn't sound selfish but am I doing well as a part of this community?

I know that I don't supply any new information but seeing as most of my posts are to help people find/pick/understand lights, am I doing that task well?

Am I suggesting the right kinds of light to the right people? Am I being too general? Should I post less? Are my posts too repetitive, long, or a waste of time to read?

I guess this is kind of an evaluation,

Mods and Admins, if you feel that this thread is useless, selfish, and/or a waste of bandwidth, feel free to delete it.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
with 4000+ posts I'd say you're doing very well.

This community needs active participation to keep it alive. So by my reckoning you're doing great. :)

Greta

Flashaholic
Mods and Admins, if you feel that this thread is useless, selfish, and/or a waste of bandwidth, feel free to delete it.

Nope! Just going to move it to the Cafe.... :D Hold on to something... here we go!!! :poof:

.... and now here are... magically transported to the Cafe! :grin2:

da.gee

Enlightened
Hey Gunner12,

I remember when I first started on the site about a year ago. I found your posts very helpful and concise. Even if you don't have new information, compiling concensus and existing information in a post is a valuable service.

Vote for Gunner12!

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've wondered that myself. I feel that I've made the shift from asking questions to answering them. I think helping out the new users we have is just as important as bringing new information to the table. Experience is always valuable.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I hope this doesn't sound selfish but am I doing well as a part of this community?

I know that I don't supply any new information but seeing as most of my posts are to help people find/pick/understand lights, am I doing that task well?

Am I suggesting the right kinds of light to the right people? Am I being too general? Should I post less? Are my posts too repetitive, long, or a waste of time to read?

I guess this is kind of an evaluation,

Yes you are doing great!
I really like your posts, they are very helpful.:thumbsup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
you're one of the names i recognise consistently.....:D

did you know, there is a Gunnerboy too? i didnt....

incidently, i wonder too sometimes...:crazy:

Crenshaw

m16a

Enlightened
Excellent man. You are unbiased in your suggestions, not just suggesting one light brand like some tend to, and you know about a variety of light types, making your knowledge very helpful to old and newcomers alike:thumbsup:

Marduke

Flashaholic
What amazes me most is that you have 4500+ posts, but have only started 4 threads in your time here. How in the world did you manage that??

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
usually thread starters ask questions..he answers them ;) smart fish:D

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thanks guys,

Anything I can do to improve my posts?(within reason, I'm still in school)

Again, I think you post extremely helpful info, and I really enjoy your posts! Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Since you are a flashaholic, now you just need to get a 10mcp or 15mcp Thor.:laughing: (You want one, right?);)

Pep Boys has rebranded Thors under the "Motor Trend" label, do you have a Pep Boys Auto Parts in you area? I got my 15 million candlepower Thor at Pep Boys for $60 dollars.

Do you have an Advance Auto Parts store in your area? I got a 17.5 million candlepower spotlight from Advance Auto Parts for $40 dollars, IMO it is not as bright or powerful as my 15mcp Thor, but it does have a wider beam than the Thor for better close range illumination, and it is a nicer light because it is very bright on the LOW setting.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you're living up to your sigline to me... :twothumbs

BTW...Nice new avatar Sasha!!! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Gunner12 --

You're doing fine ! :wave:

I'm always glad to see young people with an interest in Flashlights.

:thumbsup:

You, too, Crenshaw !

:thumbsup:

Happy to hear from Flashaholics ( around the world ),

who aren't Old Codgers, always talkin' 'bout the " Good Ol' Days ",

and constantly mumbling to themselves about . . . .

Hey, what was i just saying ? ? ?

:confused:
_