RCR123A Question for P3D

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
i just got my p3d this week and im running rechargeable 3v 1000ma cr123's in it, does any one know what voltage they should have in them when there fully charged?.Any whats the best way to discharge them?.Last question is it normal for the torch to do super fast strobe when the batteries are around 2.5v?

THANK FOR YOUR HELP

NigelBond

Newly Enlightened
Don't know what 3v recargables come off the charger at. I know that 3.6v rechargables typicaly come off a charger around 4.1-4.2v

The 1000ma rating is a straight up lie. The best 3.6 rcr123 batteries are usually tested to have a maximum capacity of 600ma regardless of what it says on the battery. With 3v batteries, there is even less capacity.

The fast strobe flicker is normal and is an idication of low battery in the p3d. I use protected rcr batteries and never see this fast strobe because my batteries shut down from the protection circuit before i can drain them that low. That said, i think you must be draining the batteries lower than you should be.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jason, :welcome:
You will get much better results using 3.7v RCR123s with the P3D. I recommend AW's. You can get them from AW in the Dealers Corner or Lighthound.

Last edited: