Best Flooder of the new breed of Cr123/AA lights

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, haven't been too active here lately and the search tool was giving results from last year so I thought I'd ask...What is currently considered the best flood light out of the CR123 and/or AA lights?
Ideally I'd prefer single battery lights and don't use rechargeables (at least not RCR123s).
I EDC the P2D Q5 which is a great thrower for it's size but isn't the best option for flood, so I'd like a similarly sized flood light to keep as back up instead of my regular P2D backup. There are so many manufacturers out there now that I'm not sure what the best options are.
Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Marduke. I looked at the Zebralight when it first came out a while back. So it's considered the best flood in that size huh?
I've bookmarked both versions and will see if anyone else suggests other options before I decide.
Thanks again!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most lights out there have a tighter beam than a Fenix. The only real 100% flood lights I know of are zebralights. The H30 has an optic, though, which reduces the flood area and brightens the flood.

Wattnot

Enlightened
You said you "prefer" a single cell but I was surprised by the flood performance of the L2D and the Fenix T1 from beamshots in this thread. Also, Malkoff just came out with the M60F (F for flood). I ordered one and will report on it when I get it. They're currently sold out (no surprise there!).

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Zebralight H30 and H50 are one of the best floody lights for AA or CR123 batteries.

Besides that there's the mule type lights(LED without reflector) but the real mule can be expensive.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any LED light without a reflector will be the hands down winner. I prefer the McGizmo Mule.

The McGizmo LunaSol is almost as floody as a reflectorless light.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
A wonderful, IMHO, single cr123 light [which can't use 3.7v rechargeables, btw] with great build quality and a very floody beam is the AmiLite T5. It does have a broad, and not real bright hotspot, but the real standout feature of the beam is the bright floody spill. It would be a perfect compliment to a P2D, beam shape wise. I believe it is in the $70 range, but I haven't checked recently.

Here is a post with actual beamshots:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1892431&postcount=39

Last edited: