Ordered a Fenix L0D-CE Q4

Centropolis

Enlightened
I just ordered an olive L0D-CE Q4 today and I hope I didn't make the wrong choice between this one and the LF2X. I know that the LF2X has more flexibility because of it is programmable. But I think the less complicated a flashlight is...the less chances things will go wrong.

I wasn't planning to use 10440 in it because I've read some people having issues with it. Majority people don't have issues.....am I missing out a lot of lumens by not using it with a 10440?

HKJ

Flashaholic
You can not go wrong with the L0D, it is a very good little light.

The LF2X has some advantages over the L0D, but the price is a difficult programming.

I have both and like both.

Wattnot

Enlightened
The LOD is so awesome on Eneloops that I have no desire to try 10440s. It might be twice as bright but I like the output vs runtime I'm getting with the nimhs.

I can't say if you made the right choice because I don't know much about the LF2X but you will NOT regret your decision. This little guy puts out an incredible amount of light for something the size of a cigarette. It's my most used light.

gunga

Flashaholic
Both are excellent lights. The LF2x is more flexible and can be programmed for a lower low, but I prefer the Fenix (and EDC it) myself because I like a no-nonsense light I won't program by accident.

You can't go wrong either way, so enjoy!

:D

Centropolis

Enlightened
Yeah I think I made the right choice. Just wondering though....I noticed that DX has LiteFlux flashlights to sell on their website. Are they an authorized distributor for LiteFlux? Or they just happen to have supply and no warranty comes with the flashlights?

For $5 with shipping...I am thinking of whether to try a 10440 in my L0D when I get it. I just don't want risk blowing it up!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L0D Q4 was my first (and so far only) multi-level Fenix light. Upon receipt of my L0D I immediatley mated it with the clicky switch and body of a Streamlight Microstream. I don't think I would use the light much with the original twisty interface.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
For $5 with shipping...I am thinking of whether to try a 10440 in my L0D when I get it. I just don't want risk blowing it up!

It depends on what you intend to use your L0D for. Whilst using a 10440 cell, the thing is damn bright, but can also generate a lot of heat if running for a while in high mode. That said, a lot of folk here at CPF run theirs on 10440's without a problem, and I don't recall seeing anyone posting that their L0D has blown

I personally just use an ordinary AAA battery.

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
The L0D with a backup E01 are perfect for EDC. For walking in the city at night, I go with the L1D Q5 on turbo to warn and fend off inattentive motorists. The L1D Q5 is also my choice for a bicycle helmet light.