A new Malkoff drop-in to pine over NOW WITH B/S !

Wattnot

Enlightened
I'm surprised to be the first to mention this but there is a new Malkoff drop-in, the M60F where the F means "flood." It's got the power of the full M60 but with a 25 degree flood pattern (vs 6 degrees for the M60).

In an uncharacteristic move, I grabbed one of the 4 remaining (they're sold out now). I've been looking for something with flood and a lot of lumens so we'll see!! I'm looking forward to checking it out!

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A new Malkoff drop-in to pine over

Flood is good.

I would like to see some beamshots.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got the email and was looking at it. It looks like a great addition to the Malkoff M60 lineup. :twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic

I think this will make some people really happy, since most of the drop-ins seem to focus more on throw.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the post. I haven't checked out Malkoff's site for quite some time already.

Nathan

Enlightened

Interesting...

Please post beamshots when it arrives.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just found out that Malkoff's email got filtered to my spam box :thinking:. No wonder I didn't get the message. That's weird since all his other emails came to me without any problems.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, know that feeling - I bought a Surefire tip-off beamshaper, and called it good.

Wattnot

Enlightened

They attempted delivery today but I missed it. A signature was required. I think the mail lady whispers from her car, waits 4 milliseconds, then drives off because someone was home at all times today.

I guess I'll have to wait until I miss her again on Monday. :scowl: :thumbsdow

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast

They attempted delivery today but I missed it. A signature was required. I think the mail lady whispers from her car, waits 4 milliseconds, then drives off because someone was home at all times today.

I guess I'll have to wait until I miss her again on Monday. :scowl: :thumbsdow

I used to have that problem with the signature w/Malkoff deliveries, but now I write in the comments area when ordering that I don't need signature confirmation. So no more hassle. :)

curlyfry562

Enlightened

+2 on beam shots

I spotted this to late, and they were sold out, it will be interesting to see how they perform. Time to look for a host on ebay. :wave:

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flood is good.

I would like to see some beamshots.

Yes and the new p7's might just solve the problem for all but the Throw crazy" ones around here.
They are more fllood than throw by the old standards (way back two months or so ago.)
However ther have been several beamshots showing them lighting up treelines at 250 meters.

zven

Enlightened

The M60F does sound pretty interesting, and I'd also love to see beamshots. I'm also surprised how little press this has gotten around here.

Anyway, seeing this one put up for sale makes me think that an M60FL would be really cool. For the high power of the M60, I've been using a SF FM34 diffuser. This gives me the option to either go with good throw, like the M60 naturally has, or with a perfectly smooth, diffused beam. With this combo, I probably wouldn't end up using the M60F, because it wouldn't allow the switch between those two beam patterns. However, an M60FL (optic of the M60F, but with the output of the M60L) drop-in would very likely go straight into my G3 and serve as a perfect toss-around, there-when-you-need-it work light.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Putting a layer of scotch tape over the optic will make it pure flood, too.

pete55555

Newly Enlightened

Got my M60F Saturday. Had to wait until last night to have some fun with it. It is every bit as bright as the M60 but without the throw. I put it in a C2 to test it out last night and it really lights up a room. My intention for it was to put it in my SF forend on my work shotgun (14" Remington 870). It lights up the room without the hot spot that the M60's have. LOTS of light. Easily completely lit up large rooms. Sorry, no beamshots, I'm sure someone will come along soon with those :). Gene has done it again!

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darn it!!! Now I have to go thru a battle like the very first time I purchased the M60... M60F or M60FL or M60FLL.... ARGH!!!!!

I think I will wait for the M60FLL... Because my L1T v20 is 90 lumen and it's really bright for me already... so M60FLL would be perfect with the brightness, flood, and runtime.... If Gene decide to make one...

We'll see... I change mind like girl change shoes.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree that for indoors use sometimes the regular M60 (and M60L and M60LL) are too focused, though this is not always a problem.

I also use the SF diffuser for flood, and it works great (e.g., for reading or other area work).

You don't need to remove it to get the spot back, it just opens with a spring.