Do I have a problem?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was feeling pretty good today, so I went to Gander Mountain to see what Surefire stuff they had. I somehow managed to buy: one 1st gen. KL3 in Type II black, one 1st gen. KL3 in HAIII gray/green, and one E2D. I was pretty happy about that since I didn't have any of those. So, what did I do? Went home, right? Wrong!!! I then went to the local True Value Hardware store where many of my Surefires have come from. I was just going to see what Surefire stuff they had. I had a new E2D as well as a BUNCH of other Surefires, including an M6. They had a brand new E2D LED Defender! So I grabbed it. Then, I saw they had an new M6 for $285.00. What could I do? I already have an M6. So, what did I do? I bought my 2nd M6. I do not want to add up how much I spent on lights today... but I enjoyed every minute of it! Now I have 2 M6's! (one bought for 300.00, this one for 285.00) Fellow CPF'ers, level with me... Do I have a problem? :thumbsup:

curlyfry562

Enlightened
Maybe you should spread out your purchases, distributing the surefire goodness over a month or so. When it comes to the M6 for $285, that is completely understandable.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now put all of them away except for one and on the first of each month take out a new one until you finally have them all out. You'll get to anticipate and rediscover them all over again.

(Nah, I couldn't do it either but it sounds like a great idea doesn't it. :D )

-LT

Aluminous

Enlightened
I was feeling pretty good today, so I went to Gander Mountain to see what Surefire stuff they had. I somehow managed to buy: one 1st gen. KL3 in Type II black, one 1st gen. KL3 in HAIII gray/green, and one E2D.

Wow, do all Gander Mountain stores carry Surefires? I glanced through the flashlight aisle at the local store a couple weeks ago, and don't think I saw any. Perhaps there's a second area they'd be in? (Like Best Buy spreading their batteries around the store in four or so locations, lol.)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the club. :cool:
It's only a problem when you spend more than you can afford. If it's disposable income and doesn't get you in trouble with a significant other constantly, then you're just a flashaholic.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. It's not a problem. I don't have any other hobbies currently. I am also excited about my recent purchase of: another E1B Backup, SF M1(to be Milky-ized someday), Z49 tailcap, Mr. Bulk DragonHeart in black HA, as well as accessories to pretty up my Milky-ized HDS U60GT like a polished SS LeefBezel, Arc4+ spring steel clip, and HDS 2 x 123 battery tube. I would just like to know what other great custom lights/light makers are out there... And at what point do I start selling off lights/parts I don't use/need?

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just like to know what other great custom lights/light makers are out there...

Man, you just opened up a can of titanium worms. Off the top of my head, do you have a:

Lummi (Raw, Wee, Orb, etc)
McGizmo
Spy 005 or 007
Gatlight
A custom by PhotonFanatic
...?

I know there are more. Hopefully other members will chime in.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
You do have a problem...you have too many lights. Maybe you should lend some out. :whistle: I'm just teasing cuz I know how hard it is to let a new light out of your sight. I can't wait to see them though.

IMO after the Optimus your collection really only needs some Ti. A new Gizmo would do the trick.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Respectfully but... what´s the point of this thread ?

I mean, here in this section of CPF ?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Respectfully but... what´s the point of this thread ?

I mean, here in this section of CPF ?

Sorry... I guess I thought a general discussion about collecting flashlights belonged in the General Flashlight Discussion Section. (If any Mods think otherwise, please move the thread accordingly.)

EV_007

Enlightened
You do not have a problem, just an unusual hobby that non CPFrs may not understand.

It only becomes a problem when it interferes with other aspects of your life. So, like all us CPFrs, I guess you/we do.
:whistle:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry... I guess I thought a general discussion about collecting flashlights belonged in the General Flashlight Discussion Section. (If any Mods think otherwise, please move the thread accordingly.)

I didn´t mean to be rude. Sorry if looks like that. :eek:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've got no issue with where this thread is. It's general mixed discussion.

The think that what's getting my attention is the Tru Value M6. I'll have to go investigate that now.

And no, you don't have a problem. If I tell you that you do then I have to admit that I have a bigger one....lol

Congrats on finding some good deals.