Surefire KX2 bezel, missing o-ring?

H2Orower

Enlightened
I am looking for some expert opinions. :poke:

Today I received two KX2 bezels from Surefire (both dual output) after sending back my originals because I wasn't happy with the greenish/yellowish tint.

img1244wo4.jpg

Upon unpacking the bezels, it was immediately apparent to me that one had a small gap in the middle, and the other did not. I checked out some pics on the Surefire website here and here, and it looks as though the gap is normal.

My question is, does the lack of a gap mean that some kind of o-ring seal is missing?, or perhaps, the one was tightened way too much? What do you think?:shrug:

Thanks.

thegeek

Enlightened
My guess is that they are tightened until the focus is good. So the gap will be different on some of them. The o-ring is pretty far up in the head, and the gap you are seeing will have no real impact on the seal.

BBL

Enlightened
It _could_ be that they changed the construction slighty, to get rid of that gap - its not so pretty after all.

the 'B' in the serial number is somewhat spaced from the rest, maybe there were really changes behind the scenes.

H2Orower

Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. It's not that I'm bothered by the small gap or lack of gap, I just found it curious that they were different when they both came from surefire on the same day. I did also notice that one had a space between the letters A and B. Also, the anodization matches much better on the one on the left so that's the one I put back on my E2L. I consider the second one a bonus anyway because when I sent my originals back to SF, one was a single output 45lumen that came with the E2L last fall. Now I have two of the dual 60/3s. One's a backup.

Latest posts