NEXT FENIX ANY RUMORS?

husky20

Banned
Anyone heard anything at all on whats next at fenix besides a possible headlamp im hoping for a P3D or TK10 with 400+ lumens.a P2D with that would be killer to.how about an LOD with 200. :thumbsup:im looking forward to there headlamp ive been looking at the zebra light H30 pretty nice you know the Fenix will kick booty.:paypal:

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Re: NEXT FENIX ANY RUMERS?

I've run my L0D Q4 on the 10440 battery for more than "short bursts". It's never gotten too hot to hold and is shockingly bright.

Most of the time I use it on a lower setting, but I've had no problems at all. If I do kill it, I'll just take the one off my wife's keychain and replace it with the new E01 and she won't know the difference. . . .

I am anxious to see a photo or some specs on the upcoming Fenix headlamp. I know that I am not going to buy a new headlamp until I hear something. Of course, if I WERE to go out and buy a new headlamp, that would ensure that Fenix would announce their headlamp the next day. . . .

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well heck...I`ll start one for ya`all.

It will be a surprise...no pre-announcement...

Runs on two 123 batts or a rechargable pack.

Twist the head to go from 0 to 580 lumen.

Low bat indicator.

No colors...olive or black only.

Sells for around $110

Target release date...August

Rumer source...nice dream.

Centropolis

Enlightened

For the Cree version, yes, but don't use high for more than short bursts.

When you say short bursts.......do you count it with seconds or minutes? I ordered a L0D Q4 and 2 10440 batteries. But from reading threads....it seems the L0D is plenty bright enough with a NiHM.

I guess I may safe another $60 for a LF2X so that for sure I can run 10440 without problems.

Marduke

Flashaholic

When you say short bursts.......do you count it with seconds or minutes? I ordered a L0D Q4 and 2 10440 batteries. But from reading threads....it seems the L0D is plenty bright enough with a NiHM.

I guess I may safe another $60 for a LF2X so that for sure I can run 10440 without problems.

The LF has the same concern. A tiny AAA light has very little heatsinking to run a Cree at such a high power.

Can you run it on high continuously? Sure, that's how we know the ~10minute runtime on high.

Is it the best idea in the world (especially if you're not holding onto it to help dissipate heat)? Probably not. Long periods at high temperatures shorted the life of the LED.

husky20

Banned

Well heck...I`ll start one for ya`all.

It will be a surprise...no pre-announcement...

Runs on two 123 batts or a rechargable pack.

Twist the head to go from 0 to 580 lumen.

Low bat indicator.

No colors...olive or black only.

Sells for around $110

Target release date...August

Rumer source...nice dream.
now thats what im talking about.:naughty::twothumbs

Bunk3r

Newly Enlightened

if I WERE to go out and buy a new headlamp, that would ensure that Fenix would announce their headlamp the next day. . . .
then for the benefit of the rest of us please go out and buy a new headlamp today so Fenix can announce there new one tomorrow :crackup:

Marduke

Flashaholic
can i run rechargables in the LOD rebel.

NiMH, most definitely. Probably the best thing you could do (other than L92 primaries). 10440's are not a good idea. The Rebel has a lower Vf, leading to it being dangerously over driven on 10440's.

husky20

Banned
what kind do you recommend i will get them at battery junction.and about how long do they last in there before you have to recharge them.can they sit in there like lithuim batts for along time.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Eneloops and a smart charger are highly recommended. They maintain their charge for an extended period of time. A runtime comparison is on FLR. He did the CE model, the Q4 will have the same runtimes but be brighter.

Latest posts