RC-N Q5 Battery Suggestions

The Grift

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the world of flashlights, especially high-performance LED's, but I took a chance and ordered the Romisen RC-N3 Q5 from shiningbeam.com. I got it today and already love this light. Smaller than the palm of my hand but lights up a tree outside like a spotlight. I currently have a 3.0v Rayovac 123 in it.

I want to get the most out of it, but know nothing about batteries and all that. I was thinking about ordering a couple of these 3.7v CR123A's and something like this charger. Is this a good setup? Could I get more juice out of the Q5 with something else? Is there a better set-up for the money?

Suggestions appreciated!

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I beleive from another review I read that the rechargeable CR123's are a bit brighter than the primary CR123's. And for sure the single CR123 is brighter than the 2AA configuration.

Now...about runtime?? I've gotten over 4hrs off of cheap AA alkalines. My Fenix T1, running off of 2 RCR123's on regular mode gets 3.5hrs. So this RC-N3 Q5 is very efficient!

Thats my thoughts.

davedds

Newly Enlightened
I want to get the most out of it, but know nothing about batteries and all that. I was thinking about ordering a couple of these 3.7v CR123A's and something like this charger. Is this a good setup? Could I get more juice out of the Q5 with something else? Is there a better set-up for the money?

Suggestions appreciated!

Before you go out and just buy those two items you listed, you should read up (by searching here a CPF) about the safety concerns that people have with "rechargable" RCR123's and the like. There are thing you should know and then you should make your decision on which battery type you should get. "Li-ion's" or newer "Li-FE-ion" and their charger systems. I would go with AW's "protected" 3.7v RCR123's and the UF139 charger myself.