Just upgraded a new light

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought the Cabela's XPG 6 volt 2 123A lithium battery light. Today I added a Solarforce R2 P60 module and a UNIQ variable intensity brightness switch. The brightness of the R2 l.e.d. is a little less than that of my Fenix P3D Q5. L.e.d. module works great with 17670 cell with stock tailcap. However, with the UNIQ switch, it is pretty dim and doesn't ramp up near to full brightness. Uniq switch works great with 3 volt 123A cells though. The switch has to be twisted to turn on and off. It starts out very dim, a few lumens or less. Hold down the button and it goes from low to high. Let the button go, then hold it down again and it goes from the last setting to low. The switch has a high pitched buzzing sound that gets louder as the light gets brighter. That is the only annoyance. Overall, I like this combo. I have the most efficient bright l.e.d. currently made and I can adjust the brightness to just what I need for the best runtime possible. The light fits well in the hand and is pretty tough with double O-ring seals on both ends. I just wish this light would work well with rechargeables with the V.I.B. tailcap. I just thought I'd share in case anyone else here wanted to attempt buying this same setup.

Latest posts