Black or Olive Fenix L0D-CE ??

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Ahh!! i can't decide hehe. I'm stuck between the Black and Olive colors for the Fenix L0D-CE. They both look very good but i heard the Olive one has better durability, is this true? From what i can see in the pictures the Olive finish looks like it some sort of waxy protective coating on it, while the Black finish looks a bit powdery (rough).

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
I have a black LOD, but the olive is nice too. Get both. It's only money.

paulr

Flashaholic
Black never goes out of style. I'd stay away from olive, it looks too fake-military. I've gotten hassled at airports for carrying stuff that color (Arc LS for example). Haven't had a light confiscated yet, but why ask for trouble.

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
Black never goes out of style. I'd stay away from olive, it looks too fake-military. I've gotten hassled at airports for carrying stuff that color (Arc LS for example). Haven't had a light confiscated yet, but why ask for trouble.
Just out of curiousity, why would you get hassled at an airport for having a other than black colored flashlight?

lengendcpf

Enlightened
Ahh!! i can't decide hehe. I'm stuck between the Black and Olive colors for the Fenix L0D-CE. They both look very good but i heard the Olive one has better durability, is this true? From what i can see in the pictures the Olive finish looks like it some sort of waxy protective coating on it, while the Black finish looks a bit powdery (rough).

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195949

Pls refer to this.

Although I have paid for the Olive. But haven't receive it .. :mecry:

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flipping coin...heads black...tails olive....and it`s heads...so black.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
what happened? Please give details.

Monkeyboab

Newly Enlightened

Should have carried it on a keychain like everyone else and not up your bum:laughing:

Rob

P.s I've got the olive and I like it but I want a black too:grin2:

gunga

Flashaholic
Well, I dunno about Olive, but my natural one holds up well on the keychain and also looks better once worn. The worn black ones look a bit ghetto.

I'd get Olive for keychain use...

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got several black Fenix lights, and a couple olive. I like the Olive much better, black is so plain.

HKJ

Flashaholic

Your are completely wrong, your need a red L0D, they look much better :eek:.

DSC_0665a.JPG

The scratches are due to a cleaning in a washing machine :(.

paulr

Flashaholic
what happened? Please give details.

Eh? TSA got paranoid at my natural HA (but olive colored) Arc LS a couple times since it looked like some kind of military device. They let it through when I explained when it was a flashlight, but they seemed to inspect my bag extra thoroughly. I wasn't trying to conceal anything but frankly, who needs that kind of extra attention even though you're not carrying anything that would interest them? These days I try to avoid lights that look even slightly "tactical". No olive color, no aggressive knurling or shapes, no crenellated bezels or grip rings. That stuff is all faux "mall ninja" styling in my opinion anyway. I like to stay with more classic (Arc AAA) or more exotic (McGizmo, Spy, etc) or tool-like (Peak Ti) styles than the bogo-military look.

cv3po

Banned
Just to confirm, you're asking us to tell you what your favorite color is right? They both light up the same dude.......................

great light tho', you will love whatever one you get!

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input guys, the reason why i asked is because they both look great, but i do not know what color is more durable. I'll probably end up getting the olive.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the explanation Paulr. I have never been hassled for my flashlight so hopefully that was an anomaly.

BT132435 - definitely get the olive. You'll love it. :)

Black is nice but almost every light is black. Get something different.