SUREFIRE E1B vs. Fenix P2D

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumenMan

Enlightened
I have a question for the CFP experts. I'm thinking of getting a Surefire E1B Backup (like I need another freakin' Surefire !) :ohgeez:

I already have a Fenix P2D that I'm very happy with. Here's my question. Is the E1B really needed? This is NOT a Surefire bashfest (I have many Surefire's including two M6's, assorted 6P, 6PD, 6PDL, G2, M3, etc...)

The specs are:

P2D: 175 Lumens (Turbo Mode)
E1B: 80 Lumens

P2D: 3.2 Length (2 Oz.)
E1B: 4.0 Length (2.8 Oz.)

It seems that The E1B has some serious competition. Please "enlighten" me :)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: >>**SUREFIRE E1B vs. Fenix P2D <<**

The P2D has a much higher high and the E1B has a much lower low. The P2D has a medium spot beam, while the E1B's optic projects a narrow beam. It's pretty much a matter of taste.

LumenMan

Enlightened

The P2D has a much higher high and the E1B has a much lower low. The P2D has a medium spot beam, while the E1B's optic projects a narrow beam. It's pretty much a matter of taste.

Thank you for the info. My experience with these lights is similar to your findings.

husky20

Banned

P2D all the way no comparo IMO:paypal:thats like asking gee i wonder if a hyundia is faster than a porsche.

Last edited:

Nico87

Newly Enlightened

I had a L2D and I sold it....for a usable light, it has much too much Levels and blinkblink Modes...IMO. I got a L1T and I loved it (and I killed I't...idiot).

So If I had the money for a Surefire, I`d get one for edc. My desicion would be a L1. But thats my opinion, and if you like many options, might be a Novatac P or a Jetbeam with IBS would be nice for you too.

Nico

husky20

Banned

I have a question for the CFP experts. I'm thinking of getting a Surefire E1B Backup (like I need another freakin' Surefire !) :ohgeez:

I already have a Fenix P2D that I'm very happy with. Here's my question. Is the E1B really needed? This is NOT a Surefire bashfest (I have many Surefire's including two M6's, assorted 6P, 6PD, 6PDL, G2, M3, etc...)

The specs are:

people are just fooling them selfs i mean just look at the stats way more output lighter wieght shorter lenght.thats like saying yea all take the 1977 ford pinto you keep the 2009 nissan GTR.:crackup:lets race!:thumbsup:

stitch_paradox

Enlightened

if porsches were slow and didnt handle.:naughty:

First of all brightness is not the only factor to base a good light. If I do that kind of method, then every 6 months or so, my "gtr skyline" light would be obsolete by the latest and brightest light in the market.

Secondly, Fenix over rates their lumens, where as Surefire under rates their's.
The 80 lumens from SF is out the lens, while Fenix's rate is from the emitter. If you can do math then you will realize that the lumens ( fenix is a tad higher) are about the same when you calculate both output.

Thirdly Fenix has just too many modes, where as E1B has 2 simple modes for every day use. Fenix would be great for mall ninjas roaming shopping malls, protecting shoppers from the evil, evil corporate america. Sometimes simplicity is the best.

Sure there could be alot more faster "ricer " cars out there than can be compared to fenix, but given a year or so they are obsolete. There's just nothing comparable to an American classic.

Its like comaparing this:
Poser.jpg

to this:

z06.jpg

brunt_sp

Enlightened

The Fenix could be considered to have 2 simple modes :

If the light is turned on while the head is screwed in - 180 lumens
If the light is turned on while the head is unscrewed slightly - 12 lumens

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

The specs are:

One small point, are the two lumen figures both "bulb lumens" or "torch lumens", if not, then the difference may be less than indicated.

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Oh a Fenix vs Surefire thread has devolved into a flamefest, who could have seen it coming.. :ironic:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh a Fenix vs Surefire thread has devolved into a flamefest, who could have seen it coming.. :ironic:

I am not a SF man but I would wish that SF would rate their lights "lumen rating" in the same way as all other flashlight manufacturers so that we could compare apples with apples. I know they were the first to rate in lumens and all others came after, but today in lumen rating they are the odd ones out so to speak and in a way do themselves a disservice in lower lumen numbers

husky20

Banned

out the front out the emitter bla bla bla do a head to head beamshot comparo i no witch one will win.P2D hands down.:mecry:

Status
Not open for further replies.