Two New UIs

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wanted to kick these ideas around a little here, while I think about potential coolness.

First UI improvement is a bit of a paradigm change in clicky switches - the FR clicky. It's capable of momentary operation when off, and momentary interruption of power when on - tapping it while off without clicking will activate the light for a moment, and tapping it while on without clicking will interrupt the light for a moment. All the benefits of a forward clicky, with the ability to use multimode systems (with n>2 modes, Surefire's solution was nice and simple, but limited) much more easily than traditional forward 'tactical' clickies.

Second is not a paradigm change in hardware design, but me wondering "But what if I added a forward clicky to a Ra Twisty tailcap?" I have the sneaking suspicion that this would instantly be my favorite EDC were it released in a 1x123 configuration or 2x123 configuration with three levels set at low, adequate, and excessive and a lockout function.

ambientmind

Enlightened
First UI improvement is a bit of a paradigm change in clicky switches - the FR clicky. It's capable of momentary operation when off, and momentary interruption of power when on - tapping it while off without clicking will activate the light for a moment, and tapping it while on without clicking will interrupt the light for a moment. All the benefits of a forward clicky, with the ability to use multimode systems (with n>2 modes, Surefire's solution was nice and simple, but limited) much more easily than traditional forward 'tactical' clickies.

I just bought a solarforce clicky from KD that does this. Its a forward and reverse clicky, its really wierd. For changing modes it would work, but with currect drivers it would change modes either way with the switch. It would be cool to have the "forward" motion a momentary high, click on high, then have the "reverse" motion to switch modes while the light is on. It would require a different switch with two contact points, and some way to wire the driver so it knows the difference. cool idea though!

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, good to know the switches are somewhere in the pipeline... maybe something like this could actually happen.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHq makes something like your second idea- as a tailcap add on for some surefire models. It has the regular clicky and an extra button on the side of the cap.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as the new UIs don't affect reliability I'm all for it. Otherwise reliability has to be #1 priority.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a solarforce clicky from KD that does this. Its a forward and reverse clicky, its really wierd. For changing modes it would work, but with currect drivers it would change modes either way with the switch. It would be cool to have the "forward" motion a momentary high, click on high, then have the "reverse" motion to switch modes while the light is on. It would require a different switch with two contact points, and some way to wire the driver so it knows the difference. cool idea though!

hmm have you got the sku number for it???