What cell phone do you use?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all!

I'm in the market for a new cell phone, and want to know the pros and cons you found about yours before I decide on what to get.

BTW, Doing a google search for cellphone brought some interesting models like an iphone clone

http://www.chinagrabber.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1607

Watchphone that looks good, never seen one of this before!

http://www.chinagrabber.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1567

What do you use? I noticed that DX has cellphones too, any comment on those?, I use T-mobile but am open to other carriers.

AlexGT

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Casio G'zOne

My "new every two" comes up in a couple of months, and will buy a keyboard-style phone then, since everyone and their grandmother thinks text is the way to go (HATEIT!)

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
LG Env2;

Good sound.
Full keyboard
Full bluetooth stack *
camera
small
MP3 plays via speakers or headest or bluetooth headset.
It's NOT Microsoft, very stable

Daniel
* The bluetooth stack allows it to be used as a modem, and it allows you to transfer files directly to or from other bluetooth devices. Most cell phones don't allow file transfers and modem emulation via bluetooth.

Last edited:

dulridge

Enlightened
Take your pick - all 3 in regular use

Sony Ericsson p990i
Sony Ericsson p800 (To be phased out)
HTC Typhoon - I hate WinCE but it will let me sync the work calendars.

Various others but those 3 are usually on my person - the p990i is always on my person.

m16a

Enlightened
Motorola KRZR K1m. Excellent phone with MP3, video, and picture capability. I've never had any problems except for not the best battery life, Gets me about 1.5 days of hard use(maybe 300+ texts and 20 calls of 10 minutes or more)

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Carrier first, then cell phone" is what I believe. You may have a great phone but if the service is lousy then you're going to be very unhappy.

The market is flooded out there. So many choices. Many of them are decent. What it comes down to is your personal needs. We can't know exactly what you're looking for. I suggest making a list of features you must have and then those that you'd like to have. Then use some of the websites out there to do phone feature comparisons. Good luck.

e2x2e

Enlightened
Motorola KRZR K1m. Excellent phone with MP3, video, and picture capability. I've never had any problems except for not the best battery life, Gets me about 1.5 days of hard use(maybe 300+ texts and 20 calls of 10 minutes or more)

OMG yet again:tinfoil:...I also have the K1M. Battery does stink.

For Verizon, you can use Mp3 ringtones:
http://aznuwee.googlepages.com/

I did it and it worked.