Just picked up a K2 TFFC based Inova XO from Target....

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Its pretty nice, but I was expecting more output. I was confused at first, they had two XOs' there - one was a 4.8W and the other was a 1.4W, same UPC number and all. I got the 4.8W one but its "meh" Not bad mind you, once I get the funds from selling a, um, "non-functioning" E1B back, I'll get another E1B. But I guess this light makes a good loaner/spare...

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

Should have ordered a P2D :)

Buying quality stuff online has spoiled me. I no longer buy lights from the local stores, unless for a last minute gift or emergency.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG, you're too funny. You never know, one of these days you may become a flashlight modder. I'm not being sarcastic either.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you know that it's a TFFC K2? There was a 1.4 watt XO using a Luxeon I emitter. There was also a 4.8 watt XO using a more inefficient K2. A TFFC K2 would have about 3 times the runtime or brightness of an older K2. Does it say it's a TFFC K2 on the package?

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Its pretty nice, but I was expecting more output. I was confused at first, they had two XOs' there - one was a 4.8W and the other was a 1.4W, same UPC number and all. I got the 4.8W one

i believe that the X03 is the model that you wanted and it's supposed to say 5.8W LED.

i make these two points based upon the description and specifications listed on their respective tabs on the BrightGuy.com webpage for the Inova X03.

here's a link: http://www.brightguy.com/products/Inova_XO3_LED_Flashlight.php

the XO is an older model and is NOT as bright, as you've already found out.

the newer Inova T-series lights are supposed to have the K2 TFFC technology as well.

swing and miss, strike two!

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the I can look at the emitter and see its the newer K2. It has the copper colored "band" immediatley surrounding the die.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because the I can look at the emitter and see its the newer K2. It has the copper colored "band" immediatley surrounding the die.

There is a copper colored band in my 2007 Inova T2 as well. It has a K2 but not the flip chip.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought: You mentioned in the original post that you thought the light was, and I quote, "meh." Have you tried new batteries? Sometimes the display models with the "try me" packaging have rundown batteries from people blinking the light frequently.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast

well that clears things up a bit.

however, it is still only a 4.8W, 85lumen light. the 5.8W X03 (Inova doesn't give a lumen rating for this light, but it's somewhat similar to its T2-MP 125 lumen cousin) is supposedly more powerful, but having half the burn-time. if they have the X03, perhaps there's a chance to exchange it and pay the difference for a brighter light that you might be happier with?

Last edited:

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The package shown on flashlightreviews has 82 lumens on it.

well, guess that explains why OP was not thrilled with the output. with all the different, somewhat cryptic alpha-numeric names (not to mention changes from '07 to '08 on some Inova models, both as to slight changes in names and output), it's no wonder OP may have picked up the wrong light if output and not burn-time was the superior consideration in the purchase (i.e., XO vs. XO3).