• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **WITHDRAWN**

donn_

Flashaholic
Mac's Splash Anodized TnC HyperLux, number 8 of 10, with a 1,000 Lumen Ostar emitter.

001-63.jpg

-Custom Heatsink
-100ma and 500ma Drive levels (200ma Low 1amp High battery draw)
-Uses the Shoppe McGizmo style board with Kilroy
-Powered by 3x R123's or CR123's can be used for low mode. (CR123 high mode draws 1.5 amps)
-UCL Lens
-Fraen Medium beam reflector (Great useable beam)

This is, by far, the brightest 3x123 LED light I own. Even on low, it's a powerful beam, and high is ridiculous!

004-39.jpg

The HyperLux is also one of the most solidly built custom lights I've seen. The aluminum in the tube's wall is 2.86mm thick!

007-13.jpg

The finish is almost indescribable. The richness of contrast between the black and orange, and the texture of the 'splash' non-patterns must be seen to be believed. My poor photos do not do it justice.

003-39.jpg

Cosmetically, this light is 100%. Functionally it is 1000%!

There is, however, one potential downside to the power (and heat) of this emitter in such a small host. After 10 minutes on high, the emitter's heat output triggers the thermal protection in AW RCR123 cells, and the light shuts down. If you run it on low (plenty of light for most needs), and only use high for bursts, it runs until the cells are depleted to re-charge levels.

The price is $700...$675...$650...$625...$600... which includes Priority Mail, fully insured, and all PayPal fees.

The Fine Print:

All pricing includes the following:

1. Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, CONUS. (Mandatory)

2. Insurance on items priced over $50, CONUS. (Mandatory)

International Customers: I'll ship anywhere International Priority Mail goes. The same requirements apply. The shipment must be insured to the actual value of the item, and the buyer bears the added cost of both postage and insurance, over domestic charges. Customs forms will reflect actual cost of the item. No exceptions.

3. PayPal Fees. Cash, Instant Transfer or Credit Card. (No other form of payment accepted.)

Unconditional "I'll Take It" posted in the thread has priority over any other expressed interest.

Prompt PayPal, to the address in my profile, required.

Trades and counter-offers will be considered. Please use the email address in my profile instead of PM.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: A Very HYPER Lux! **REDUCTION**

I've haven't run it for more than a few minutes, but:

200ma Low 1amp High battery draw
AW RCR123 cells have a capacity of 750 mAH, so it looks like 3/4 of an hour on high and over 3 hours on low (If I'm calculating correctly:stupid:).

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A Very HYPER Lux! **2ND REDUCTION**

I had one of these once, with the original 5W luxeon in it. Shoot, it was bright with that LED, I can only imagine how off the hook it is with the 6 die Ostar! :eek:

FWIW, the ano on these is perhaps the finest I've ever seen, and Chris said it was SO hard and laborious, he'd never do them again. :green:

A stunner of a light, Donn. :thumbsup:

Edwood

Enlightened
Re: A Very HYPER Lux! **THIRD REDUCTION**

I can't believe this is still here. If I didn't already have a 3 cell Ostar Pocket Rocket, I'd be pulling the trigger.

Perhaps some beamshots and comparison pic showing how small this thing really is would help. ;)

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: A Very HYPER Lux! **THIRD REDUCTION**

I was the original owner of this BEAST!!
I don't think you'll find a better example of Mac's work,combined with a Beautiful host!!