Cheap 19 led headlamp prob.

anthonytsi

Newly Enlightened
I bought a cheap 19 led headlamp on ebay for $8. In fact it's so cheap that it says "LED HEADLAMP" on the strap and no brand name anywhere. I put my batts in and here's what happens........In the first mode 3 lights come on. In the second mode 4 more come on. In the 3rd mode all of the surrounding lights come on but barley have any power. In fact there is no visible difference in mode 3 and 4, unless you look directly into the lights. If they all came on with the same brightness this thing would be very bright.
I got what I paid for, no doubt there, and it will work for what I need it to do, so I am happy with it, just curious as to what you all think is the problem. I am new to this so please be gentle.
This is not my primary light. I have a myo xp 2008 thank goodness.
Thanks in advance. Anthony

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the 3rd mode all of the surrounding lights come on but barley have any power. In fact there is no visible difference in mode 3 and 4, unless you look directly into the lights.

i've purchased similar headlamps. more than once i've seen the same visual indication at times in mine. in all instances with mine, the cause of the problem was that the batteries were in a low charge state either through use, or through one cell being defective.

once i replaced them with fresh, properly working alkalines, the problem went away.

so, check your batteries, or try a different set of fresh alkalines.

sorry, i can't seem to recall if i've ever tried NiMH cells in mine. so, i don't have any idea if the lower starting voltage of the NiMH cells might produce an effect similar to what you're experiencing.

hope this info helps.