• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Heatsinked Cree XR-E Sandwich

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
For sale heatsinked sandwich GD917 Cree XR-E Q5-WC. This is the brightest sandwich I have ever seen. Same exact sandwich as pictured here. Runs on 2xAA, 3AA, or 1x li-ion. 5.4v max. $65 $60 $50 SOLD shipped anywhere, PP fees included.

The height of the sandwich is the standard 17mm. The Cree is mounted on a pedastal that is 2mm high. If you want to use it in a host other than a minimag or with an adjustable head the reflector or optic you are using may not work or needs to be adjusted.

Because of the heatsink you will need to use a tailcap switch for this one. Because of the manufacturing differences with Mag, if the sandwich's pedastal does not fit through the opening you may have to open it up a bit with a reamer or something equivilent. These heatsinked sandwiches I make all fit the Minimags I have but there was a Minimag that someone else had where it fit very tight. It should fit freely.

Upon request only, I will include a thicker oring to keep the Minimag head from unwanted turning. For $5 SOLD more I will include a modfied & sputtered IMS20 reflector. Smooths all the rings out, also pictured in the above link with beamshots. Must have a bored out Minimag head to fit this one though.

Please post here or PM me if you have any questions.

Price includes US shipping. International, insurance, & PP fees not included. EDIT: I will include PP fees & international shipping (standard air mail) in the the price listed.

Thanks

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: FS: Heatsinked Cree XR-E Sandwich

bump

Img_2339.jpg

:naughty:

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: FS: Heatsinked Cree XR-E Sandwich *Price Drops*

Bump, price drop, PP fees, & international shipping now included in price.

Img_2368.jpg

:wave:

spencer

Enlightened

Does the twisty on-off still work or do you need a tail switch.
How much current is the Cree seeing, what bin is it (flux and colour)?
Excellent work.

Thanks,
Spencer

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Twist on & off will not work properly as the sides of the heatsink may still come in contact with parts of the minimag body when in the off position. It's safer just to use a tailcap with this one & is what I recommend.

I didn't take an exact current reading on this one. I stopped taking measurments with Wayne's converters unless the output looks considerably off. Don't see a need to. Whenever I take measurements with Wayne's converter they pretty much deliver very close to what they're set to.

The emitter is a Q5 WC.

ss2nv

Newly Enlightened

does this include a reflector for it?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

does this include a reflector for it?

No reflector included. I am offering a reflector option as posted. I'll throw in a NX-05 optic though that works ok with the cree if focus correctly.

Boostedvl

Newly Enlightened

Hi Darkzero,

I'll take it with optional reflector and o-ring. Please pm me your Paypal details.

All the best!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

PM sent

Edit: Shipped, thanks!

Last edited: