newbie novatac question

csinsc

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Bought a used 120 EDC, is there a way to have it go to the 120 lumens setting and stay on without me having to keep pushing the button?

Thanks,

Chris

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
congrats on the novatac:party:

I've had a few issues w/ my 120P, so I am no expert
have you tried a quick click click press?

csinsc

Newly Enlightened
Yes, that will get it to 120, but I want it to stay on without me having to keep the button depressed.

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Straight from the Novatac 120 EDC manual:

A Click is less than 1/3 second (like a mouse click) and a Press is greater than 1/3 second.

1. Click to turn on to 10 lumens.
From on:
2. Two clicks - switches brightness level to 42 lumens, two more clicks switches back to 10 lumens.
3. Three clicks - Emergency Strobe Signal.
4. Press - momentary 120 Lumens (from any other brightness level).
5. Click-press 120 Lumens.
6. Click - Turns the light off.
From off:
7. Click Press - Turns the light on to 120 Lumens.

csinsc

Newly Enlightened
I have read the manual...

on my EDC 120, when I access the 120 lumen mode, I have to keep the button depressed or it will go back to the lower output mode.

Is this normal? I am guessing it is, but wanted to make sure...

Thanks for the responses.

Chris

Click, press, and hold for a few seconds and it will stay on. Make sure there is very little time between the click, and press. Click/press really fast, and then hold for a second or two.

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes when you press and hold the button while in 10 lumen mode it's momentary access to 120 mode. You have to do the press, press and hold to actually switch to 120 mode.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
on my EDC 120, when I access the 120 lumen mode, I have to keep the button depressed or it will go back to the lower output mode.

FROM OFF:

1. CLICK (a quick press and release) to turn the light on, and then quickly (within a 1/3 of a second, or so)...

2. PRESS and HOLD until the MAX/HIGH output mode comes on (maybe 0.5sec). NOW, the MAX output mode will be LATCHED ON and you can release the tail-cap switch/button.

FROM ON (any mode):

1. CLICK (a quick press and release) to turn the light OFF, and then quickly (within a 1/3 of a second, or so)...

2. PRESS and HOLD and the light will immediately turn back on to its PRIMARY setting (if it doesn't, then you didn't PRESS it fast enough after clicking it OFF in step ONE), continue to HOLD it PRESSED until the MAX/HIGH output mode comes on (maybe 0.5sec). NOW, the MAX output mode will be LATCHED ON and you can release the tail-cap switch/button.

hope this helps. if my instructions are NOT clear, please Post back and i'll try to clarify them.