got my p4 installed in the mini *pics*

blackdragonx1186

Newly Enlightened
well, ive now done an official "mod", other than a drop-in, lol. i ordered a couple of seoul p4's from dx, and got em in today. i had the small 45ish lm drop-in for the minimag. well, i had a hell of a time getting it on there, but i was able to. i didnt take any pics tho. :(

anyways, im pretty impressed with the led. its a little more floody than id like, but im sure alot of that has to do with the reflector. one thing i noticed, and did a search for and came up with nothing is that the clear dome difuser is kinda like a jelly substance. i thought i had melted it while soldering it, but i guess not. im guessing thats how they are? ok, enough rambling, on to the pics. i did one with no light, and one with. the one with looks brighter than it really is. (unfortunately) the distance was about 70 feet.

P6011480a.jpg

P6011479a.jpg

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
800*600 is the forum limit. Please edit your post to shrink those.

The jelly dome is a hallmark of the SSC P4.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
edited..

how come they are like that? im assuming to help with heat?

Thanks.

It's not for heat, it was just a choice by Seoul Semiconductor. They could have used acrylic, or silicone with glass over it, but they chose the soft silicone material. Perhaps for optical clarity or compatibility with their phosphor. I don't think anybody outside SSC knows for sure, but I could be wrong.