JetBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. with smooth reflector???

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my JetBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. a week ago. I couldn't test it yet because the batteries didn't arrive yet.
But when I opened the packet I first saw that the reflector is smooth unlike the reflector which is shown on the JetBeam website.
Here the reflector:
dsc2807ou0.jpg

So is there any differences in the beam between those two reflectors? Which one is better?

rayman

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get more artifacts (very noticeable yellow ring) and much more throw.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get more artifacts (very noticeable yellow ring) and much more throw.

Sorry I'm new to this forum and I didn't really figure out yet what you all mean with throw. Is it the spot in the middle?

So is there any possibility to get the other reflector?

rayman

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Throw = distance. You will light things up farther away at the cost of the flood around the hotspot.

I have the OP reflector in mine (op=orange peel) and it still throws very well with little usable spill. That thing must be like a laser!

As for getting the other reflector, try asking the place where you bought it or Jetbeam themselves.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throw = distance. You will light things up farther away at the cost of the flood around the hotspot.

I have the OP reflector in mine (op=orange peel) and it still throws very well with little usable spill. That thing must be like a laser!

As for getting the other reflector, try asking the place where you bought it or Jetbeam themselves.

Thank you for your 'enlightment' :laughing:
I try it. I hope I can get one. But first I have to get my batteries to see if I like it or not. I bought the light at hkequipment on eBa, I bought it on May 12th and got it a week ago. So shipping was very fast.

Edit: I wrote a mail to JetBeam. I hope they can send me the reflector.

Last edited: