Is my JetBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. really a fake???

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the problem is solved I will deleted the some pictures. But I will leave the pciture of the flashlight itself as it looks so nice :twothumbs.

I have a JetBeam Jet-III Pro I.B.S. for a week now. I bought it on eBay for a shop called hkequipment. Now somebody here from the forum wrote me that this shop sells fake JetBeams. I was really shock if I bought a faked JetBeam :confused:. I made some pictures of my light.
Now the question to all who own a Jet-III Pro I.B.S. is my JetBeam a fake or not?

dsc2825pn6.jpg

the flashlight itself

I'm kind of confused right now because until today I only heard good things about hkequipment. On eBay the shop has nearly only positive ratings. So I hope you can help me.

rayman

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What gives you doubt that it's a fake?? It looks pretty real.

Yeah it looks real to me too. But somebody mailed me today and said that hkequipment sells faked JetBeam. I'm new to this hobby so I better ask than pay 50€ for a faked Jet-III Pro I.B.S..
But thanks :grin2:.

rayman

Marduke

Flashaholic
Yeah it looks real to me too. But somebody mailed me today and said that hkequipment sells faked JetBeam. I'm new to this hobby so I better ask than pay 50€ for a faked Jet-III Pro I.B.S..
But thanks :grin2:.

rayman

Was that "somebody" Max Woodman by some chance? He was spreading "fake" rumors around the other day.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's unfortunate that there are individuals with nothing better to do than spread false rumors. :(

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
Just ask jetbeam with the # printed on the card
I think it's real
Hkequipment is breaking all the price limit, I think many shop will close because it's impossible to make these prices. Looks on A9 or similar

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
That looks real to me. You have the warranty card, instructions, and accessory bag. You even have the right box. I think maybe what he may of meant was that there are unauthorized dealers out there, I believe that Ebay seller is an authorized seller. If it is a fake they did a great job.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks real to me. Don't worry about it and have fun with the light.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was that "somebody" Max Woodman by some chance? He was spreading "fake" rumors around the other day.
im gonna guess its him again....is it?

hk equipement has only had good reports as far as i know. i plan to buy my extreme from there

Crenshaw

DM51

Flashaholic
If it was Max Woodman, you should ignore what he says. He has gone and will not be reappearing.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
hkequipment has been listed by some of the manufacturers of other lights as an authorized dealer. I got a Jetbeam from them and they seem legit, just not the fastest way to get a light. :)

Citivolus

Enlightened
I'll back up BugOutGear, there is nothing there that looks significantly different from any Jet-III Pro that I have. The holster is third party, but other than that it looks fine. I am amused by your serial number as it gives a good indication of just how much volume they are doing over eBay, but nothing there raises a flag for me.

Regards,
Eric

Last edited:

LEDdicted

Newly Enlightened
hkequipment is a sub-distributor (for selling on ebay) of JETBeam's HK distributor confirmed by JETBeam over in the Marketplace. I had a small issue with the first MK IBS I purchased from hkequipment and I contacted JETBeam by PM. They provided the necessary warranty service. I couldn't be happier. :)thumbsup: to customer service!!)

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay. Thank you all. I just was shock last night :faint:.
No it wasn't Max Woodman. I know that the light takes a long time to get to me but if I buy a light in the US it will take the same time.

rayman

Mr Luma

Banned
04 / 04 / 2008

JETBeam's Declaration about Fake warranty cards

Dear Valued JETBeam Customers:

First of all, we would like to thank you for your attention and support to JETBeam products as always. JETBeam in on the leading position in the field of outdoor professional flashlight. Since established in 2001, we have been making effort in developing more advanced products for all the fans of outdoor activities, we focus on the goal of bringing forth more outstanding products by professional studying and developing.

It has been 7 years since JETBeam entered the flashlight market, and it is popular with many flashholics worldwide. In order to better our service, we established Rui Zhi Trading Co. Ltd. in Guangzhou 2007, we are in pursuit of promoting the development of Chinese Flashlight and produce best quality and advanced products for customers. To make sure you enjoy best after service, we provide each light with a warranty card and each pack with QC PASSED Radium label, please check them before purchasing.

JETBeam company will provide the products with warranty cards with the best after service. Whereas recentlly, there are some products with Fake JETBeam warranty cards flowing in the market, JETBeam (RuiZhi Trading Co.) reminds every valued customer to identify the real products before you purchasing.

The differences between our official warranty cards and the fake ones:

Front

a. The official JETBeam warranty cards are nicely-made, while the fake ones have poor workmanship.

b. There is a broken line along the logo "ILLUMINATES THE NEW ERA" on the real cards, while the fake ones have not.

c. The web link we provide on the official cards is www.jetbeam.com.cn, while the fake ones print www.jet-beam.com. Please refer to the following pictures:

Back

a. The official cards have better color printing and more clear typeset than the fake ones.

b. There are many misspelling on the fake cards, such as "Serlal number" instead of "Serial number"

c. JETBeam products go through strict QC check before they are shipped out to customers, each light goes with an one and only unique identity serial number. Any of the light without the serial number is NOT official products, and will not enjoy any after service provided by JETBeam.

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I compare my card with what the write about the real card and everything applies to my card. So I think it's real. It's only a little bit scratched.

rayman

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Luma

Banned
Our Worldwide JetBeam Distributors:

[FONT=&#23435]1.Our Distributor in U.S., http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435]2.[FONT=&#23435]Our Thailand Distributor, http://www.thaipowerlight.com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]3.[FONT=&#23435]Our Distributor in Korea, http://www.LITEmania.com/ [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]4.Our Distributor in Japan,[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435](1) http://www.kanterado.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435](2) [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]http://www.holkin.com[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

(3) [FONT=MS Pゴシック]Koizumi & Co., Ltd.(Wholesaler)
OutDoor CLUB (Store)
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Nagoya, Japan[/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]TEL&FAX: 052-583-5445[/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Email: [email protected][/FONT]
[FONT=MS Pゴシック]Website: www.odclub.net[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]5.[FONT=&#23435]Our HK distributor, http://www.fu-lee.com/[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]6.[FONT=&#23435]Our France distributor, http://www.neolumen.fr[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

7.Our Singapore distributor, http://www.britelumens.com/

8.Our Australia distributor, http://www.southern-lights.com.au/

Best Regards,
JETBeam Group
R.Z.

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
Any way we can get a new distributor listed in the us as the Bug Out Gear site that is listed above is now defunct and Jet Beam doesn't respond to my emails. Need some help to get a few parts.