Many photographers into lights, not many videographers?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems there are many many talented photographers here on CPF who put up exquisite pictures of their flashlights and beamshots. Many of the pictures are wallpaper worthy.

I wonder then, given that many here are into photography, why not as many are into doing videos. For example I did a search for zebralight H50, H30, LiteFlux LF2X, etc on Youtube, and can't find a single video related to these lights.

I know a few have done some great videos, like Marduke / WadeF, a few others I've happened to run across. Was hoping there'd be a lot more.

Any chances more people will be doing more video related reviews, as the UIs for flashlights get more complicated and the videos will be much better guides for operation than long tedious owner's manuals?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I much prefer to do video-reviews of my lights, than a lengthy written one. BUT I seriously lack the funds to do anything artsy-fartsy, and I certainly don't have enough $$$ to afford any of the high-end lights there on your list.

Mardukes will it crush videos are pretty amazing.

Still... Some day I'd like to do a video set to music of some kind. Like this one I did last year for another geeky forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHH-6Oid_8

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be very much into videography, did a lot of tape to tape editing, had a Video Toaster, Video Toaster Flyer (one of the first affordable non-linear digital editing systems, but analog in and out), etc. I think after doing it for years I just kinda got sick of it. Now video is easier than ever to work with thanks to firewire, cheap video editing software which can be used on a basic computer, etc. I'm more into photography now.

Latest posts