Best light for $120?

Swagg

Enlightened
Ok, I have a bunch of modded mags that I use but I want something new, doesn't matter if its LED or Incan.
What is the best light in the $120 range thats got great throw with decent to great spill? What's the best spill light for $120? I have been looking at the TK10 or Tiablo A9 but are there any other great options? I'd prefer to use rechargeables, other than that anything goes guys, what ya got?

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am happy with my Lumapower MRV Q5, should be close to your price range, and for flood, pure flood you can get any of the zebralights for 40-60. They are pure flood. Alternately you could just take the head off of your MRV and have pure flood from it
(I do this regularly for lighting effects in photos.) 1 shot, 2 kills.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight DBS is a bit out of your price range but is the best throwing of the bunch, just a bit more then the A9 and is easily upgradeable(but would require 18650 batteries and charger form best performance, though they do have pills that work with 2 CR123s).

As for a floody light, it's hard to beat a bare LED like the Zebralight H50. The H30 does have an optic but it doesn't produce a hotspot.

watchcollector1968

Newly Enlightened
The TK10 would be a good choice. Even some of the Fenix single cell lights would be worth considering.

Brigadier

Enlightened
IMHO, the NovaTac 85T has a great combo of flood and spill. It will light up a room, yet it will easily illuminate trees 150 ft away.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I just remembered, if you are willing to pay a bit more(or if you can find a Sams Club 35w HID), there are a few HIDs in your price range. N30 is one that's just above your price range.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, the NovaTac 85T has a great combo of flood and spill. It will light up a room, yet it will easily illuminate trees 150 ft away.

the 120T would be better and at batteryjunction its $133 before coupon + free batteries but then again he could get the AA LF5XT :nana::thumbsup:

the tk10 would be great its got decent throw with great spill or malkoff M60 too....the tiablo A9 which you can get both smo and textured reflectors you have best of both worlds ...all lights recommended thus far are pretty good

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolf-Eyes makes some very nice lights. I am very happy with my Raider. I've got the Cree R2 version from PTS, and it has some pretty decent throw, and very bright spill.

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
The Novatac 120P is a great locking light! And bright to: Max spot 3010lux, spill 104lux. But the up coming LiteFlux LF5XT is even brighter and smaller whit Max spot 3190lux, spill 250lux :faint:
I think thats amazing from a single AA size light!

Swagg

Enlightened
Ok, so I think I've got it narrowed to the Novatac 120P for size or the Tiablo A9 with both reflectors for brightness...

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Well I paid less than $ 120 for my SureFire E2DL, and I love them both. So I vote the SureFire E2DL LED Defender. 120 and 5 lumens, microprocessor controlled,etc. But they retail more than what I paid for my two. And the best part I like is the strike bezel.

Swagg

Enlightened
Well I paid less than $ 120 for my SureFire E2DL, and I love them both. So I vote the SureFire E2DL LED Defender. 120 and 5 lumens, microprocessor controlled,etc. But they retail more than what I paid for my two. And the best part I like is the strike bezel.

Yeah that is a nice light, but what strikes me about the NovaTac is that I've never seen anyone carry one(all my friends carry surefire) and I just seem to like the Tiablo's look and power. I'm still undecided though.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
Yeah that is a nice light, but what strikes me about the NovaTac is that I've never seen anyone carry one(all my friends carry surefire) and I just seem to like the Tiablo's look and power. I'm still undecided though.

I suggest a Malkoff M60, ultimate SF sleeper. You will love the surprised look of your friends' face whenever you turn up the light on them! Everything that you are looking for plus it can also run on rechargeable.