Jet II Pro I.B.S. preview

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
I got my Jet II Pro in the mail today, so here is just a preview....

-BUILD-
Finish:
Nice and smooth, even the knurling. I has a really nice dark gray color. FWIW mine does have some imperfections in the head.
Threads: Thick square and smooth...tailcap threads are anodized for lockout.
Clip: The clip is a really nice feature and easy to use it is a little rough so might tear up thin fabrics. It is removable however not reverseable
Reflector: It is amazing, no really wait till you see pic, and better reviews. There are definitely rings but it really looks to be a OP reflector on a wall.

It does not tailstand.

Pictures!!!

Output: This thing is really bright, I don't have a lux meter, but it is visibly brighter and has way more throw the my Jet 1.

Note: When Ramping the Light from low to high there is a 50% flash for a medium mode:thumbsup:

Here are some ceiling bounce shots...
Jet I IBS

Jet II Pro IBS

RC-F4

RC-M4 with DX 11074 drop-in

Beamshots!

Underexposed

More to come
Questions...... ask away!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Very nice beam for a smoothy. I like the last image which you had under exposed. You can clearly see the beam detail there.

You said the head had some imperfections. Were those related to the finish alone or other issues such a s debris behind the lens and such?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the heat management? The IBS series has had a lot of problems with this. What I'm getting at is, how long can it safely run on max? Thanks.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Very nice beam for a smoothy. I like the last image which you had under exposed. You can clearly see the beam detail there.

You said the head had some imperfections. Were those related to the finish alone or other issues such a s debris behind the lens and such?

It was imperfections in the finish. If you look close at the first picture you can see it on the edge of the dimple, its really not very noticable.
The lens is super clear the clearest of all of my lights, maybe because of smooth reflector.

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
How is the heat management? The IBS series has had a lot of problems with this. What I'm getting at is, how long can it safely run on max? Thanks.

I just left it on for ten minutes straight, the body gets very warm and the head was hot but not burning hot. After about 5-6 minutes it seemed to climax, not get any hotter. So I would say they did a pretty good job with this one. I have not done any full blown run tests yet.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived as well, haven't had a chance to play with it much or set levels yet. The O ring in the tail seems a little too large, after inserting a battery and screwing the tail cap back on, I noticed the O ring had been pushed forward. Had to play with it a little to get it seated right. Looks like a winner though, very well made and bright on the default level 1.

No optic, I got the OP reflector and although I can see the Cree rings up close, they smooth out rapidly. The OP is rather light compared to some, probably a good trade-off between throw and smoothness.

Backpacker

Newly Enlightened
Is the beam focus-able (with lockring) like the older non-pro model?

Last edited:

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish it were easier to change levels on these, maybe it's me, but between the 2 (Jet I and II) I have, I've worn my thumb out trying to get the levels I want set. Seems like it either doesn't go int the program mode, or switches to the next level and you wind up setting the wrong level. I finally managed to get level 1 on low, 2 on max, and 3 on medium. I'm giving up for now, but the current settings may work out OK for me.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
im defnetly getting this one. the JetII already has good reports about it being a great thrower, now this one has SMO option...:D

just waiting for my distibutor to get stock..

Crenshaw

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
im defnetly getting this one. the JetII already has good reports about it being a great thrower, now this one has SMO option...:D

just waiting for my distibutor to get stock..

Crenshaw
I'd be surprised if it out throws the Jet II IBS because even though the reflector is smooth, it is smaller(bezel- 32mm vs 29mm).

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
IThreads: Thick square and smooth...tailcap threads are anodized for lockout.
Clip: The clip is a really nice feature and easy to use it is a little rough so might tear up thin fabrics. It is removable however not reverseable
Thanks for the updates - glad to hear the tailcap lockout is back (odd omission from the Jet-II IBS).

FYI, as for the "reversable" clip, I suspect that's a bit of language barrier - they likely meant to say a 2-way clip (like the E1B) that let's you position the light either bezel up or bezel down. I noticed a number of users here had called the E1B's clip "reversable", so that's probably where JB picked up the term.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be surprised if it out throws the Jet II IBS because even though the reflector is smooth, it is smaller(bezel- 32mm vs 29mm).
argh! now i have a descision to make again....:sick2:

thanks for the heads up..

Crenshaw

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Received mine yesterday also. I really like the size and feel of this light, and I don't have any problems with the UI. That's one of the main reasons I bought the Jet II Pro over the Nitecore Extreme, although the choice was a real hard one... I love the Nitecore UI, but sometimes switching to low mode was just too tough with one hand action, and lots of times in "real world" use I found myself not being able to use both hands freely at the time.
I had a chance to compare the Jet II Pro with the Nitecore Extreme last night: size of the hot spot and beam brightness were just about even on max (with OP reflector), but my Jet II had an AW RCR123 (black label) whereas the Extreme was using a regular Surefire RC123. I'm guessing the Nitecore Extreme on RCR123 would definitely be brighter, but having handled both lights, I'm still glad with my purchase and I'm sticking to the Jet II Pro. the IBS interface and the excellent clip make it a joy to carry and use. I still EDC my Nitecore Defender Infinity for a bit more flood when needed and those make a great combo (my jeans pockets are not that tight :)).
Did I mention the Jet II Pro is featherlight, even compared to the Defender Infinity?

Now, could anybody post a beamshot comparison between both Jet IIs, IBS update and Pro versions? I'm curious to see which one has the tighter beam. Flavio on his BST thread seemed to assess the Jet II Pro had the tighter hotspot, when I was expecting the bigger reflector of the original Jet II to have the smaller hotspot, better throw.

Thanks!

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Now, could anybody post a beamshot comparison between both Jet IIs, IBS update and Pro versions? I'm curious to see which one has the tighter beam. Flavio on his BST thread seemed to assess the Jet II Pro had the tighter hotspot, when I was expecting the bigger reflector of the original Jet II to have the smaller hotspot, better throw.

Thanks!

Okay okay, I'll do it LOL. I just ordered a Jet II IBS yesterday so when it gets here next week I'll post a comparison.