My new Nitecore is disappointing

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
i just recived a nitecore defender today and it has a weak beam (looks like 70 lumen).My L0d CE is brighter with 10440's in it.

I fully tighten the bezel and switch it on and its looks like low to me.And no its not ibs mode .why is it so weak??:thumbsdow

Also it buzzes when i power it up for about 3 to 10 seconds then its fine.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
What battery are you using?? And did you clean the contacts?

BTW, LOD on 10440's just might actually be brighter even if nothing is wrong with the NDI.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
A LOD-CE Q4 with a 10440 in it is brighter than a Nitecore Defender Infinity. A LOD-CE Q4 with a 10440 is brighter than a lot of lights. :) Not sure if you have the Q4 or not.

The Nitecore should look brighter than a LOD-CE with akalines on TURBO.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using Akaline? Akaline's performance is going to be weak. You should get NiMh or 14500 Li-Ion for better performance.

The NDI is not going to be 180 or 200 lumens as it claims it is, but it should be pretty bight for its size.

:welcome: <- I used this guy 5 times today.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Crenshaw! That video was really helpful! Now I can work my Nitecore DI like a champ. :p

I don't think I've ever heard my NDI buzz. Hm.. What kind of batteries are you using? We need details. :)

no problem....Wade did a really good job on that video, its helped alot of people.....;)

as for the buzz,i dunno but i heard a kinda of whining sound when i FIRST turned on my gen2 NDI, but it was only the first time, it whined,then it went down i pitch, and disappeared..

if i had to guess, i would say the boost circuit is working quite hard to bring the AA's v up, and this is "whining" so to speak...

Crenshaw

Last edited:

jasonvk77

Newly Enlightened
Does any one know why it is making a high pitched buzzing sound.Could this be due to cleaning?and is metholated spirits ok for cleaning with a cotton bud?.