• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Milky Sprint Run: 2x CREEmator HA-BK on E1B Complete Lights With a Twist!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, These Appear To Be Sold. If you missed out, please contact me as I do have parts to build a couple more, and even beyond that could always arrange to put something similar together for you.

This particular Sprint Run thread has taken entirely too long to post! I meant to do that a few days ago, then life intervened... so did the weekend, a couple outings for the kids, general family time... and a day spent largely recovering from all the above, plus trying to get in gear again with various folks' builds... and here we are! As a very small consolation, I can offer one small gesture: I do have some extra parts and can build a couple more lights like these if folks who might otherwise have been interested miss the two posted below... just give me a holler here or via PM or email and I'd be glad to oblige...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

[size=+1]FOR SALE[/size] in this micro-run of CREEmators are a pair with all the usual amenities, plus a few special touches (more on those below). Both CREEmators consist of SureFire heads with CreeXRE emitter (Q5 bin presumed... the physical appearance of the emitter, plus best guesstimates from some folks I trust on such matters, plus observed performance of the lights, all support this), focusable TIR optic, AcornHC 1.3 drivers with the latest 'Bailey' firmware... mounted on E1B body with E1B tactical clicky, all pieces hard anodized black and brand new from SureFire prior to building.

[size=+1]Cost for each is $275[/size] plus shipping, first "I'll take it!" in this thread prevails.

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

A note on insurance: I cannot cover lost or damaged packages (only a one-man shop after all)... so if you're concerned about this risk, please order insurance on your package. That said, so far I've never actually had a package lost... so this is purely optional. Your call either way!

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

Paypal info with anti-spam-harvesting measures inserted...

Cash (Preferred): ppcash $$$AT$$$ QuarryRun ###dot### com
Credit Card: ppcard $$$AT$$$ QuarryRun ###dot### com

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-profile.jpg

The CREEmator combines exceptionally long throw, variable output, high efficiency, and flexible power source (one rechargeable or two primaries) into a small, pocketable package.

303 Lumens. What's different about these from the typical CREEmator? For one thing, the drive current on these boards is set at 1.3 Amps (1300mA) instead of the more typical 867mA... driven at full power, the increased output current should lead to overall output in the vicinity of 303 Lumens. It's worth noting that an RCR123 rechargeable is probably too small a power source to push these lights to the limit, though it will still perform well... a larger rechargeable (17670 and 18650 come to mind) stands a better chance... 2x123 primaries would work nicely, too... the heads can of course be moved onto 2x123 bodies if you have that inclination. (I will substitute a SureFire 2x123 HA-BK body and tailcap at your request for no extra charge.)

The 'Bailey' firmware itself brings some amenities as well...

QuickDraw. Bailey firmware has significantly faster response time than earlier revisions, so the driver will recognize even very rapid keystrokes where prior firmware would not do so reliably... those with a fast touch, this is the firmware for you! ;)

Failsafe. The firmware is designed with an additional layer of stability, ensuring the light will always power-up in a reasonable operating state even in the event of corrupted Flash memory, microcontroller crash, etc. This should also make the once-in-a-blue-moon "stuck in max" annoyance that would originally happen in things like the Gotham a thing of the past.

...and last but not least...

[size=+1]Miser Mode.[/size] Some people want the brightest-possible CREEmator. Others want something with exceptional runtime. Miser Mode gives them both: the user can switch into Miser Mode within seconds... the light retains all normal functionality but recalibrates each output level to what the human eye perceives as roughly 50% normal brightness for that level, while increasing the runtimes severalfold (typical example: max 42m becomes 3h53m)... then just as easily, the user can switch back to a regular CREEmator. (40+ taps engages, another 40+ taps disengages. No need to count, just watch the output become markedly brighter or dimmer while tapping. It's easy.)

There are any number of scenarios where Miser Mode proves useful. Activate it to take your light on a weekend camping trip or a weeklong canoe excursion, then switch back when you return... activate it during a power outage to conserve your light's energy, and switch back once power is restored. I like to engage Miser Mode when using my light inside the house at night, then switch back for outdoor activities such as a night hike. Miser Mode is there when you need it without getting in the way.

Miser Mode turns the CREEmator into two lights in one. These CREEmators are the first (along with a couple recent "Special Reserve" lights) to include this capability.

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-optic.jpg

Beyond this, the lights have the usual minor touches, too, including silicone o-rings under the bezel for long service life and a good weatherproof seal... Krytox and/or a nanoparticle lubricant applied where appropriate... silicone shock-mounting for the Acorn board inside the light... teflon-jacketed multi-strand silver-on-copper wire... and the usual descriptive label, including primary specifications, usable battery configurations, and the like.

The E1B body has the latest SureFire S-bend clip for both head-up and -down carry, and the tailswitch contains the latest generation of SureFire clicky guts for a smooth, positive action.

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-stacked.jpg

The SureFire TIR optic does an excellent job in focusing the beam from the Cree, generating a circular spot with small amount of sidespill., and the focusability of the CREEmator lets one tailor the beam to both short- and long-range targets, or defocus enough to increase sidespill. The bezel is also completely removable for using the light in pure flood mode... the head won't be weatherproof with bezel removed, of course, but will otherwise work fine.

That's about it. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, and yes, I can build a couple more if anyone misses out. These lights are ready to ship immediately. Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit:

I already have a E1B, can I have it with 2x123 Ha-Bk body and tailcap?

PP incoming

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit:

I already have a E1B, can I have it with 2x123 Ha-Bk body and tailcap?

PP incoming

Sure, no problem! Note: the 2x123 bodies SureFire has been releasing lately sometimes don't quite fit a 17670... I've bored a few out to get around this... the one I send you will NOT be bored out but could be, if that's important to you, for $30 additional. Please let me know ASAP if this is something you would need done.

One remaining, one SPF as of this post.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky,

Yes, can you bore a 2x123 body for me. I'll send you PP for:

$275 + $30 (boring) + $5 (shipping) = $310. Thanks!

Edit: :paypal:

Sure, no problem! Note: the 2x123 bodies SureFire has been releasing lately sometimes don't quite fit a 17670... I've bored a few out to get around this... the one I send you will NOT be bored out but could be, if that's important to you, for $30 additional. Please let me know ASAP if this is something you would need done.

One remaining, one SPF as of this post.

Last edited:

openbolt1

Enlightened
I'll take the other one. PP in a few hours. Quick question: Along with it's ability to run on 1 3.7 or 2 primaries can it also use two RCR 123's with a combined 8.4 volts hot off the charger?

Thanks for all you do for us Scott!

Gary

This particular Sprint Run thread has taken entirely too long to post! I meant to do that a few days ago, then life intervened... so did the weekend, a couple outings for the kids, general family time... and a day spent largely recovering from all the above, plus trying to get in gear again with various folks' builds... and here we are! As a very small consolation, I can offer one small gesture: I do have some extra parts and can build a couple more lights like these if folks who might otherwise have been interested miss the two posted below... just give me a holler here or via PM or email and I'd be glad to oblige...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

[SIZE=+1]FOR SALE[/SIZE] in this micro-run of CREEmators are a pair with all the usual amenities, plus a few special touches (more on those below). Both CREEmators consist of SureFire heads with CreeXRE emitter (Q5 bin presumed... the physical appearance of the emitter, plus best guesstimates from some folks I trust on such matters, plus observed performance of the lights, all support this), focusable TIR optic, AcornHC 1.3 drivers with the latest 'Bailey' firmware... mounted on E1B body with E1B tactical clicky, all pieces hard anodized black and brand new from SureFire prior to building.

[SIZE=+1]Cost for each is $275[/SIZE] plus shipping, first "I'll take it!" in this thread prevails.

Shipping to USA uninsured costs $5.
Shipping to USA with insurance costs a total of $12.
Shipping internationally costs $29 via EMS with tracking and up to $100 insurance coverage.

A note on insurance: I cannot cover lost or damaged packages (only a one-man shop after all)... so if you're concerned about this risk, please order insurance on your package. That said, so far I've never actually had a package lost... so this is purely optional. Your call either way!

Note for international customers: I need to declare the same value for Customs that I do for insurance... please keep this in mind and tell me how much to declare as the value of your package. Up to $100 insurance coverage can be included in your shipment at no extra charge, more insurance would cost you additional, Please let me know if you wish that.

Paypal info with anti-spam-harvesting measures inserted...

Cash (Preferred): ppcash $$$AT$$$ QuarryRun ###dot### com
Credit Card: ppcard $$$AT$$$ QuarryRun ###dot### com

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-profile.jpg

The CREEmator combines exceptionally long throw, variable output, high efficiency, and flexible power source (one rechargeable or two primaries) into a small, pocketable package.

303 Lumens. What's different about these from the typical CREEmator? For one thing, the drive current on these boards is set at 1.3 Amps (1300mA) instead of the more typical 867mA... driven at full power, the increased output current should lead to overall output in the vicinity of 303 Lumens. It's worth noting that an RCR123 rechargeable is probably too small a power source to push these lights to the limit, though it will still perform well... a larger rechargeable (17670 and 18650 come to mind) stands a better chance... 2x123 primaries would work nicely, too... the heads can of course be moved onto 2x123 bodies if you have that inclination. (I will substitute a SureFire 2x123 HA-BK body and tailcap at your request for no extra charge.)

The 'Bailey' firmware itself brings some amenities as well...

QuickDraw. Bailey firmware has significantly faster response time than earlier revisions, so the driver will recognize even very rapid keystrokes where prior firmware would not do so reliably... those with a fast touch, this is the firmware for you! ;)

Failsafe. The firmware is designed with an additional layer of stability, ensuring the light will always power-up in a reasonable operating state even in the event of corrupted Flash memory, microcontroller crash, etc. This should also make the once-in-a-blue-moon "stuck in max" annoyance that would originally happen in things like the Gotham a thing of the past.

...and last but not least...

[SIZE=+1]Miser Mode.[/SIZE] Some people want the brightest-possible CREEmator. Others want something with exceptional runtime. Miser Mode gives them both: the user can switch into Miser Mode within seconds... the light retains all normal functionality but recalibrates each output level to what the human eye perceives as roughly 50% normal brightness for that level, while increasing the runtimes severalfold (typical example: max 42m becomes 3h53m)... then just as easily, the user can switch back to a regular CREEmator. (40+ taps engages, another 40+ taps disengages. No need to count, just watch the output become markedly brighter or dimmer while tapping. It's easy.)

There are any number of scenarios where Miser Mode proves useful. Activate it to take your light on a weekend camping trip or a weeklong canoe excursion, then switch back when you return... activate it during a power outage to conserve your light's energy, and switch back once power is restored. I like to engage Miser Mode when using my light inside the house at night, then switch back for outdoor activities such as a night hike. Miser Mode is there when you need it without getting in the way.

Miser Mode turns the CREEmator into two lights in one. These CREEmators are the first (along with a couple recent "Special Reserve" lights) to include this capability.

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-optic.jpg

Beyond this, the lights have the usual minor touches, too, including silicone o-rings under the bezel for long service life and a good weatherproof seal... Krytox and/or a nanoparticle lubricant applied where appropriate... silicone shock-mounting for the Acorn board inside the light... teflon-jacketed multi-strand silver-on-copper wire... and the usual descriptive label, including primary specifications, usable battery configurations, and the like.

The E1B body has the latest SureFire S-bend clip for both head-up and -down carry, and the tailswitch contains the latest generation of SureFire clicky guts for a smooth, positive action.

img-sr-creemator-e1b-acornhc1.3-stacked.jpg

The SureFire TIR optic does an excellent job in focusing the beam from the Cree, generating a circular spot with small amount of sidespill., and the focusability of the CREEmator lets one tailor the beam to both short- and long-range targets, or defocus enough to increase sidespill. The bezel is also completely removable for using the light in pure flood mode... the head won't be weatherproof with bezel removed, of course, but will otherwise work fine.

That's about it. Sorry for the delay in getting this posted, and yes, I can build a couple more if anyone misses out. These lights are ready to ship immediately. Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
One SOLD, one SPF as of this posting. The pair offered here appear to be spoken for.

Sorry to anyone who missed this run. I do have enough parts on hand to build a couple more if that's of interest, just let me know.

openbolt1

Enlightened
Quick question: Along with it's ability to run on (1) 3.7 or (2) primaries can it also use two RCR 123's with a combined 8.4 volts hot off the charger? Thanks!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question: Along with it's ability to run on (1) 3.7 or (2) primaries can it also use two RCR 123's with a combined 8.4 volts hot off the charger? Thanks!

That's not a good idea... the additional RCR123 will add neither runtime nor brightness, just additional heat to the mix, which could cause the Acorn driver to incinerate itself at some point. You would be better off running a single RCR123 in the E1B body provided, or an RCR123 plus dummy cell in a two cell body... of course, in two cell body the 17670 would be a BIG benefit given its much greater capacity.

To summarize...

1x RCR123 = great!
1x 17670 = great!
2x123 primaries = great!
2x RCR123 = NOT ADVISABLE :eek:oo:

openbolt1

Enlightened
One 17670 it is then! :paypal: Thanks again, I can hardly wait...

That's not a good idea... the additional RCR123 will add neither runtime nor brightness, just additional heat to the mix, which could cause the Acorn driver to incinerate itself at some point. You would be better off running a single RCR123 in the E1B body provided, or an RCR123 plus dummy cell in a two cell body... of course, in two cell body the 17670 would be a BIG benefit given its much greater capacity.

To summarize...

1x RCR123 = great!
1x 17670 = great!
2x123 primaries = great!
2x RCR123 = NOT ADVISABLE :eek:oo:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
The new Creemator sounds neat. A Batsignal high, and miser mode in one light.

Scott, would it be possible to upgrade the Acorn firmware in an existing Creemator to this nifty new version?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Creemator sounds neat. A Batsignal high, and miser mode in one light.

Scott, would it be possible to upgrade the Acorn firmware in an existing Creemator to this nifty new version?

:naughty: That's the best part! I can load the new firmware onto ALMOST any Acorn-based light out there... that includes all the Gothams, Boxters, Creemators, Seoulmators, and some of the one-offs. Haven't got pricing for that sort of thing finalized yet, but as an offhand guess I'm thinking roughly $30 plus return shipping. The upgraded firmware wouldn't change the max brightness of your light but WOULD give it all the features mentioned in the first post of this thread, including Miser Mode.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

Don't you need to sleep? You and I are in the same time zone, and I'm hurting today staying up so late. Thanks for the super fast shipping. How you get it out the door so fast is still beyond me :thinking: From NJ to NY ... I should get my CREEmator tomorrow. :D

Xcel730, your light is in the mail as we speak! :naughty:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come (stupid question, I know)? Did you change the emitter in these new versions?

Max brightness is determined in part by the sense resistor on the board... in other words, it's a function of the physical circuitry as much as the firmware... so simply upgrading the firmware, while it will bring lots of good things to your light, won't by itself increase your light's maximum-possible brightness.

That said, I could always change the sense resistor on your Acorn board at the same time as doing the upgrade... that would be a more labor-intensive operation, so your pricing would be somewhat higher... but we can certainly do it!

IMHO the firmware upgrade by itself is well worth it though. I've already upgraded my personal Gotham, Boxter, and CREEmator and am happy with the results! Of course I'm no doubt a little biased. ;)

It's mainly your decision. Whatever you decide, we can do it.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
as a small aside, does this apply to the boxter as well? along with:

1x CR123 primary = good!

?

Yes, same battery advice applies to the Boxter. I've been listing the preferred battery configurations on the label itself on the more recent builds including yours (I think). :thinking:

1x123 (primary) will work just fine in these lights but at reduced output across the board... max output on 1x123 is similar to medium output on 1xRCR123. The levels are still in the correct proportion to one another and runtime will be MUCH longer on one primary cell, so in some cases it might be the way to go and certainly works well in a pinch!

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Makes sense to me. Sending you a PM.

:naughty: That's the best part! I can load the new firmware onto ALMOST any Acorn-based light out there... that includes all the Gothams, Boxters, Creemators, Seoulmators, and some of the one-offs. Haven't got pricing for that sort of thing finalized yet, but as an offhand guess I'm thinking roughly $30 plus return shipping. The upgraded firmware wouldn't change the max brightness of your light but WOULD give it all the features mentioned in the first post of this thread, including Miser Mode.

StrayLight

Enlightened
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but are these Creemators just single speed (high, not including miser)? I was under the impression that the Acorn driver could be multi-level... is that possible with this host/driver/firmware?

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but are these Creemators just single speed (high, not including miser)? I was under the impression that the Acorn driver could be multi-level... is that possible with this host/driver/firmware?

from milky:

"All these lights have AcornHC drivers and provide 4 levels brightness... PLUS when you engage the new Miser Mode on them, you've got four more levels"

Latest posts