Fenix L2D CE runtimes

prof student

Enlightened
Looking to get my younger sis a flashlight that has a high run time w/ options of output. She prefers this one of the few choices I offered her (she likes the AA battery option).

Does anyone know how accurate their runtimes are that are posted?

General Mode: 9 lumens (55hrs)
40 lumens (10.5hrs)
80 lumens (4hrs)
Turbo Mode: 135 lumens (2.4hrs)

Are those runtimes how long the light stays at the stated lumens? Or does the runtime ALSO included dimming run time? If so, how long do they stay at the stated lumens before they start to dim?

Thanks.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
AFAIK those runtimes are more or less accurate, give or take a few miuntes. BUT those runtimes are for NiMH batteries, I think around 2500 - 2700 mAh. The runtimes will be shorter for alkaline AA batteries (especially on turbo) and longer for lithium primary (non-rechargeable) AA batteries.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Low mode should run at least that long with any battery(except the cheaper carbon zinc ones).

Medium is around that length with good NiMh batteries. Same with high and Turbo.

All this is with regulation.

The L2T V2.0 might be a better choice because of the forward clickie and simpler UI.

If you buy from Fenix Store, don't forget the 8% off coupon, "CPF8".

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The runtime figures shown are for the fully regulated runtime.
They will be at or very close to these stated figures untill they drop out of regulation.

It will fall out of regulation quickly with alkaline cells at the higher power settings but good NIMH cells will deliver very well. Many use Sanyo Eneloop 2000mah LSD NIMH cells. These hold a good charge for many months and are a great partner for lights like these.