2-18650 light using drop-in?

big beam

Enlightened
Does anyone make such an animal.I have a 2-17670 cabelas drop-in light but would like a 2-18650 light.
THANKS DON

labrat

Enlightened
What drop-ins?
Lighthound might have a Leef 2 x 18650 body, and a tail and a bezel should not be impossible to get.
I have one made up of parts like that:

C2-head/E2C-adapter/LEEF 2x18650-body/LEEF-tailcap
And Lumens Factory HO-9.
A work-light, with long run-time.

Check this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/182387

Many ideas here!

eav2k

Newly Enlightened
Thanks
That 502D is worth a look.How is the quality?
DON

I have three of the 502D, I replaced the P60 drop ins with R2 units. Very bright, nice tint and I like the beam shape as well. However all three flashlights have problems with the tail clicky. They all work, but sometime you have to fiddle with the tailcap.

Wolf359

Enlightened
mine came with a P4 droppin modules, i then stuck in a Q5 modules and now it has an R2 modules all of which fitted perfectly with no problems. build quality is good. i have used mine for 3+ hours at times and has been dropped from about 15 feet onto a cement floor with only a minor scratch to the finish and a nice chip out of the cement. i have 3 of them atm and am more than happy with them.

take a look at this one i don't have one yet but maybe worth a look

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.976

extract form chat thread on that page

fiream29 Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:44 AM </B>
I have this light and protected 18650s will fit but are snug and have a very short runtime with the incan lamp. Works much better with RCR123s. Since I replaced the module with a Cree drop-in I do use 2-18650 Trusfire protected cells and both the output and runtime are great. Out of the four Trustfires I have, two slip right in and two require finger pressure to insert

Last edited: