Pelican M6 Switch Boot Replacements?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Anyone know what I can use as replacements for the PM6 switch boot? I have three that need replacement. I sent Pelican an inquiry but they don't answer.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Just take it into pelican and they will replace it, most likely they will just give you an new light. Pelican has great customer service on the phone or face to face, however I have found that emails take some time to reply to.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just take it into pelican and they will replace it, most likely they will just give you an new light. Pelican has great customer service on the phone or face to face, however I have found that emails take some time to reply to.
+1 on calling them. They will fix it for you.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I guess I will have to call them one of these days. I really prefer not to get a replacement light. Mine all have mcmodules & a kroll switches. I suppose I could put the stock switch components back in if I have to.

Thanks for the info fellas! :twothumbs

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to revisit this issue. I too became a Peli M6 user a year or so ago, after being informed of its modding potential. Eventually got a few M6s shortly after.

Now one of my M6's boot starts to show some wear (it becomes less firm, softer and maybe a bit "sticky" in touch) so I contact Peli for possible replacements. However, two emails later and still not one single response. Unfortunately I can't call them because I'm out of town for extended periods.

Can someone help? At worst, I may have to consider having this boot cloned by a third party.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe contact Mark at Lumens Factory and see if his stuff will work.

NiteMods had some aftermarket SureFire stuff but I read here that place closed.

Perhaps the Dark Sucks type will work?
https://darksucks.com/products/premium-tailcap-boot
None of the Surefire-oriented tailcap boots will work on the Peli. I've tried, but to no avail.

The Peli's boot is of a much different design. It's wider in both overall diameter and press area, and it's much lower.
No matter what switch mecha is used (stock or aftermarket), only the stock boot will work on the Peli.

Regarding boot cloning I've discussed that with LF but they worry sales won't be as positive as anticipated, also due to the relatively poor reception of the M1/3/6 models in general.
Nevertheless they're still looking into such possibility.

If Peli continues to ignore customers' email requests (and queries on replacement parts) then I'd say this cloning project has to go at some point.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
So Mark's current stuff is SureFire oriented?

Dratz.

I remember a similar quest about Maglite switch covers and I found sites who sell boots for garage door openers, electric crane switches and stuff like that.
I wonder.....

My Brinkmann MaxFire tailcap boot looks just like the Pelican. Same with a couple of LuxPro models.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Mark's current stuff is SureFire oriented?

Dratz.

I remember a similar quest about Maglite switch covers and I found sites who sell boots for garage door openers, electric crane switches and stuff like that.
I wonder.....

My Brinkmann MaxFire tailcap boot looks just like the Pelican. Same with a couple of LuxPro models.
LF's own boots are SF system-compatible only.

Mag switch covers - they were available online thru dedicated Mag parts store. I've bought those before some years back. ZBattery still has extensive Mag parts support.

There are at least two types of Mag boot. The one that I bought has a center nub which is also exactly the one Fivemega has been using in many of his products.

The boot concerned is still available here
http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Rechargeable-System-Switch-Seal-108-643-Black-Stem

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well well... unfortunately this boot replacement thing is going nowhere.

Have finally got thru Peli CS via email but the simply told me to file some kind of warranty claim. When I told them this is not my intention, they instead replied with this

"There has to be a warranty claim submitted if you need a replacement and that's why I'm sending you to the website. All of our flashlights have to come back to Pelican for either repair/replacement and the Website online will provide you with the Reference number and the address so that you can send it back once you submit the warranty claim."

Wow. If they say this regarding their plastic strong case products then I understand. But flashlight products??

Shame on Peli. Looks like the only recourse would to have have the boot concerned cloned in small to medium quantities. Anyone interested in signing up for a few? This may not come cheap though.